none
Freeze with Microsoft Sunset RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Money froze, when I manually imported a OFX file, early in December. Downloaded to Sunset and am having the same problem. Tried FRESH installs and FRESH imports on 2 other clean (with no previous Money software or files) XP computers and got the same results.  The program freezes and the file will not go into the software.

Monday, December 24, 2012 1:46 PM

All replies

• If your XP computers are all set to be automatically updated by Microsoft, then that is probably the reason for your freezes as there has been an inherent bug in Version 17 all along.  Read more at http://microsoftmoneyoffline.wordpress.com/2012/12/02/windows-8-64-bit-version-compatibility-with-sunset-money/ and download the patch.
    Monday, December 24, 2012 5:31 PM
  • Is mnyob99.dll OK to use with 32 bit XP? I tried it and saw Money download the file in the initial load. Unfortunately the error message and shut down still occured. 

roy zirillo

Saturday, January 5, 2013 2:28 AM
  • Yes, you can used the patched file with 32-bit XP.

Copy Sample.mny from your install folder (typically in
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money Plus\ ) to your Documents folder.  Open Money
    by right-clicking that copy of sample.mny and choose Open.  Does that open? If so, that would tend to point to a problem with your Money file.

Hold (make a copy of) your backups in case you want to restore one that
    pre-dates the problem.  You can switch back to your file by clicking File, and
    selecting your regular file from the list at the bottom.

You can try a File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair.  That is simple, but it
    probably will not solve this.  Then try I would try making a repaired version
    of your file with File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2

If it still does not work, try restoring a backup that pre-dates the problem.

Sunday, January 6, 2013 3:54 PM