Importing data from SuperOffice RRS feed

• Question

• My company is moving from SuperOffice CRM to Microsoft CRM 4.0 - I was wondering if anyone out there has done this already and has any tips etc ? SuperOffice is a CRM product from Norway for the may of you who will not have heard of it.

I have set up the export and import of Companies (Accounts) and Contacts but can't see a good way of bringing across all the history - emails, documents etc.

I was suprised that the MS import tool only seems to support CSV data and not XML etc or doesn't have the ability to pull data out of common CRM packages (though I know SuperOffice isn't common even in Europe !)
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 10:49 AM

Answers

•  

CRM only supports importing data in three ways:

- .csv files using Tools | Import in the application

- .csv files using the separately installed Data Migration Manager

- programmatically via the SDK

You can also use third party tools such as Scribe to do this but at a price.

I did a migration from Maximiser to CRM using XML output from Maximiser. I used Exult XML Converter (Novixsys Software) to produce CSV files. I firsly used Exult XML to create an access database which I then uploaded to SQL Server, fiddled with the data using SQL and then exported to .CSV file. A rather tortuous process but it worked - eventually.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 2:40 PM
  • Hi Steve,

You will either need a 3rd party product to import data or make use of the SDK (.net) and write code to import. It is usually fairly straighforward to import data into MSCRM, the more difficult part is deciding how you wish to import data and managing the process. Drop me an e-mail if you need help with the process (check my profile).

Cheers,

Karlo
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 7:55 PM

All replies

•  

CRM only supports importing data in three ways:

- .csv files using Tools | Import in the application

- .csv files using the separately installed Data Migration Manager

- programmatically via the SDK

You can also use third party tools such as Scribe to do this but at a price.

I did a migration from Maximiser to CRM using XML output from Maximiser. I used Exult XML Converter (Novixsys Software) to produce CSV files. I firsly used Exult XML to create an access database which I then uploaded to SQL Server, fiddled with the data using SQL and then exported to .CSV file. A rather tortuous process but it worked - eventually.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 2:40 PM
  • Hi Steve,

You will either need a 3rd party product to import data or make use of the SDK (.net) and write code to import. It is usually fairly straighforward to import data into MSCRM, the more difficult part is deciding how you wish to import data and managing the process. Drop me an e-mail if you need help with the process (check my profile).

Cheers,

Karlo
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 7:55 PM
  • Better late than never.

Not for this project but for someone with the same problem

I created a smoothless conversion method and would love to help companies convert their SuperOffice CRM enviroment to Microsoft Dynamics CRM

(Including all data and documents)

I Can even show you how a microsoft CRM enviroment would look like with your SuperOffice data in it.

Contact me if you are intressted

Regards

Marc Rademaker

m.rademaker@chello.nl

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:55 PM
  • were you able to migrate the Email Activities which are merely a pointer to the physical Email .msg?  where did you put them or did you open and parse the information and attachments and create a crm activity record with the data from the email?

Thanks,

Jim

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:13 PM
  • Just last Week a Export created from Superoffice

This time the activities are imported as attachments

Sunday, February 10, 2013 5:57 PM
  • Mail adres changed to

Marc@lutras.nl

mob 0031 6 506 939 11

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 7:06 AM