none
Firefox submit and cancel buttons do not work on the forum RRS feed

• General discussion

• When replying to a post, the submit and cancel buttons do nothing.   I can reply, edit, delete and mark as answer from firefox, but when I reply, the little html area has some buttons that do not work.

I can edit the post, use the formatting, hyperlink, code insert buttons, it's just the "Submit" and "Cancel" buttons.

Don't forget to mark your posts as answered so they drop off the unanswered post filter.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:13 AM

All replies

• You should state which version of Firefox you're using.

- Wayne
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:10 PM
  • Firefox 3.6

Not interested in any advice to update to newer version, just trying to get the information to the people who are in the know.   It won't be too hard to fix as all the other buttons seem to work, just not the two outside the frame of the editing window that opens when you click 'Reply'

Here is pic, thanks

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/5rvbt

Don't forget to mark your posts as answered so they drop off the unanswered post filter.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:48 AM
  • I believe the similar problem was reported before by Brian Tkach and if memory serves, his final solution was an upgrade.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:56 AM
  • Firefox 3.6

Not interested in any advice to update to newer version,

Pity. That's what fixed it for me. See this thread:

"Unable to Submit replies since Apr 5 2012"
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/uk/reportabug/thread/497fa24e-ba61-4325-84d4-1b875eb39538

- Wayne

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:02 AM
  • Thanks for the help all, but I thought this is where the dev's who are responsible to maintain this forum would be forced to read as a part of their job function.   How hard is it to implement these two buttons the same way as the rest of your website.   I have to believe at least one Microsoft web developer takes pride in their job and would actually look into fixing this little oversight. 

Thursday, August 23, 2012 10:28 AM