Custom Entity in Subgrid (show related records) vs Entity Associated View? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a question w.r.t. showing a custom entity records inside an Opportunity using a sub-grid.

I know subgrid is unable to display Associated View (related 'regarding' records) which may cause some nuances when working with activities as the roll-up data may not appear in subgrid. In my case, I want to display an custom entity linked to Opportunity using an sub-grid inside the Opportunity form. The custom entity does not any other linked (child) records.

If I set the subgrid to display only 'related records' of the Custom entiy (Opportunity), am I going to miss any data records when compared to viewing the custom entity's associated view from inside the Opportunity's left nav?

Thanks

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:17 AM

All replies

• No.  If you select the view for All Records for your subgrid, and then set the display for only 'related records' that is essentially selecting the associated view of the records you are looking to display.  You shouldn't have any issues with a difference in the recordsets between the two options.
    • Proposed as answer by Luke Simpson Monday, July 30, 2012 11:14 PM
    Monday, July 30, 2012 11:14 PM