Unsuccesfu​ll installati​on of OEM Windows Home Server 2011 - Network devices continuall​y not found/inst​alled RRS feed

• Question

• Attempted to install OEM Windows Home Server 2011 to custom built server with ASUS M489GTD Pro Mobo and AMD Phenom IIx6 1055T processor. Installation (3 attempts) would not complete when network devices were unable to be found. Have read a number of threads in other User Group locations and found some discussion on similar types of problems. Looked for and copied name brand NIC and USB device drivers but installing to WHS 2011 remained unsuccesful. Have since succesfully installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview onto the server and using "Device Manager" to find installed drivers located in relevant folders on C:/ drive. Question: would a "best case" plan be to try and do a fresh install WHS 2011 onto my server complete with reformatting C:/ or to do an "upgrade" type install which might retain the driver folders/files succesfully installed under Windows 8 Preview? Thank you
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 4:35 AM

Answers

• You can't do an "Upgrade" installation from W8. See my response to your question on another thread:

I have two Servers, both with Realtek NICs on standard motherboards, using PCIe GBE Family Controllers, which work without problem. I used W7 drivers.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by twoheadlines Friday, May 4, 2012 9:54 AM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 11:25 AM