none
WHEN is someone going to fix all the forum probelms!!??????? RRS feed

• Question

• I have HAD IT with this BS!!

1.  You click "Reply" or "Quote" or "Edit", and you get: "You have been successfully logged out". !!!!!!!  WTF???

2.  You click "Post" after spending a freakin' HOUR on a post, and you get "You have been successfully logged out", or, "An error has occurred", and all your work is LOST!!  I just now once again lost a long ____ post because of this.

3.  You have to constantly login with each and every visit!  The forum REFUSES to remember your login and it disables IE's auto-complete recall, forcing one to have to manually type in each time the email address and password.

4.  "Cut", "Copy", "Paste", doesn't work!

5.  "Strange things" happen sometimes to some posts when they do end up getting posted.  The post's layout can sometimes be really messed up and totally different from the others, when nothing different has been done!

Poor layout and functionality:

1.  Not only are page #'s only at the bottom of the pages, but they don't even list all the page numbers!  If a thread is long, you have to keep clicking "Next" "Next" "Next" over and over again because all of the page numbers are not listed!  ALL of a thread's page numbers should be listed at both the top AND the bottom to be user friendly and convenient.

2.  When you receive thread email notifications, those emails are often all screwed up; they'll either have the new post text area BLANK, or, the thread URL won't even be in the email!  Furthermore, when the thread URL is in the emails, it takes you to the very first page/post of a thread, instead of the logical END of a thread which is of course where you want to go--to see the most recent post!  Then you have to go through all the BS again mentioned in #1!

Now how many more months is this going to continue???  If you can't fix it, then how 'bout CHANGING to another type of forum software that works!  You make it as difficult as possible on the user, when you should be making as EASY as possible on the user because it is US that ends up trying to answer most of the posts regarding MS problems, making the job of MS techs here easier!

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just fed up with all this.  I've held off on posting this, but that last long post of mine that was lost was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

Thank you.

God Bless
    • Edited by Clint D Thursday, June 5, 2008 1:33 PM update
    • Moved by Chris Kilbourn Thursday, June 5, 2008 4:13 PM Moving to appropriate forum
    • Moved by carlpro Thursday, June 12, 2008 8:37 PM Trying to repro bug
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 1:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Clint D-

I wanted to let you now that we released a fix for the Forums 2.x platform into production last week that should resolve the "You have been logged out" experience on that platform.  The information has been updated in http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3432768&SiteID=1

If this experiencing is happening on the Forums 3.x platform, I'd love to see the behavior reproduced.  Would be happy to set up a live meeting session if this is occurring for you.

Please let me know.

Thanks-
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Monday, June 23, 2008 8:15 AM
  • Clint,
    The "You have successfully been logged out" is a known 2.x issue, which has been resolved. If this is not working for you, then please create a new post over in the 2.x Feedback forum.

Re: Enter Key: When using IE, the Enter key inserts a <br /> tag in Forums 3.x editor's HTML view. 

Re: Cookies:  In order to use 3.x (or 2.x) Forums , one must allow cookies.  I'm using the following settings and have not run into any issues on 3.x (and 2.x) forums.
    1. Add "*.microsoft.com" to IE's trusted sites. Trusted sites is using Medium security.
    2. Set IE's Privacy settings to Medium

If IE's Privacy setting is set to 'Medium High', or 'High', then make sure to 'allow' the following sites:

• microsoft.com     (in order to use Forums 2.x or 3.x)
        • live.com               (in order to log into LiveID)

Re: Cut, Copy, and Paste:   These features only work if you allow the web site to have access to your clipboard.  Hence I suggested you add "*.microsoft.com" to IE's trusted sites. Trusted sites have a 'Medium' secuirty by default.  In particular, see the "Allow programmatic clipboard access" under scripting.

Thanks,
    Carl Prothman
    MSDN/TechNet Forums 3.x - Software Development Engineer

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:51 PM

All replies

• And here is yet another issue.  The "My Threads" in this forum area is blank.   Also, when clicking the "My Threads" link, this happens:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /en-US/user/Clint D./threads

God Bless
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 4:03 PM
  • Clint,
    I can understand your frustration. Let me see if I can help you out here.

Please removing the trailing "." after your name in your Profile. Looks like this is a data migration issue with Profile.

A bug had been filed for this issue.

Thanks,
    Carl Prothman
    STO Forums - Software Development Engineer 2
    • Proposed as answer by carlpro Friday, June 6, 2008 6:06 PM
    • Edited by carlpro Saturday, June 7, 2008 7:59 AM Updated Reply
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 7:05 PM
  • In the unlikely event I can post on this thread: at the SP3 forum, I can't post!  ONCE AGAIN, I can't reply or do SQUAT there!!!  I can't LOGIN, and, I CAN'T LOGOUT!!  Every time I click "Reply" or "Quote", I get this ____ about "You have successfully logged out", but I go back to the previous page and it has the "Sign out" button!!!  I can't post, I can't login, I can't logout!!  I'm in freakin' LIMBO!!

See these please:
    http://forums.technet.microsoft.com/en-US/suggest/thread/cb59f0b6-b75d-41e1-911a-a347c4a760a6
    http://forums.technet.microsoft.com/en-US/suggest/thread/cd1125ad-4b60-41ac-a624-dd39b4bcc3f8
    God Bless
    • Edited by Clint D Friday, June 6, 2008 1:13 PM blah
    Friday, June 6, 2008 12:57 PM
  • Clint,
    Looks like you are able to post now. I see the ones with "Clint D" in your Profile's View Threads.

Thanks,
    Carl Prothman
    • Edited by carlpro Saturday, June 7, 2008 7:55 AM Updated Rely
    Friday, June 6, 2008 3:03 PM
  • No, please read all the posts again, and see the new thread I had to start.  Huh??  The thread is gone!  Hmm, looks like you removed your name from the subject line?  http://forums.technet.microsoft.com/en-US/suggest/thread/452586d1-a769-4e55-912f-f6cd940ffe85 .  I was able to reply, but then could not again due to JS errors.  Who knows what will happen with this post now.  ;-)

I'm going for the day, so if you reply to anymore of them I'll answer tonight.
    Thanks Carl.
    God Bless
    Friday, June 6, 2008 3:25 PM
  • Clint D

I completely agree with you.

I guess we all know how to be "successfully logged out" when we want to reply, and these forums are and have always been so unstable that I never post a bigger post without making a copy to Notepad first. In fact there ought to be a "Make Safety Copy to Notepad" button :-)

The problems have nothing to do with cookies. The errors appears randomly with the same setting.

Besides, it doesn't help to add the forums to the trusted sites. The forums use some hidden/unknown sites, so you have to reduce the entier safety, which is very irritating. I have already reported this bug (see my thread "A few problems").

The VB forum worked - almost - until the last update, but now it is very unstable.

Read my signature. What about focussing on a stable, efficient and reliable code instead of using all the efforts on fancy, useless features like the "Browse by Tag" box. The new spell checker is nice, but why does the box jump around in exactly such a way that it covers the word, which should be corrected, so that you work in blind. If you really wants to waist all that space to the right, why not place the box here (or fix the bug)?

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
    Saturday, June 7, 2008 7:13 AM
  • Clint D said:

No, please read all the posts again, and see the new thread I had to start.  Huh??  The thread is gone!  Hmm, looks like you removed your name from the subject line?  http://forums.technet.microsoft.com/en-US/suggest/thread/452586d1-a769-4e55-912f-f6cd940ffe85 .  I was able to reply, but then could not again due to JS errors.  Who knows what will happen with this post now.  ;-)

I'm going for the day, so if you reply to anymore of them I'll answer tonight.
    Thanks Carl.

God Bless

Clint,
    See my updated reply above.  This was a data migration issue.

Yes, I removed my name from the subject line.  I'm able to find your posts.  ;-)

Have a great day and please enjoy the new forums! God bless you too! 

Thanks,
    Carl Prothman
    Saturday, June 7, 2008 8:05 AM
  • Carsten Kanstrup said:

Clint D

I completely agree with you.

I guess we all know how to be "successfully logged out" when we want to reply, and these forums are and have always been so unstable that I never post a bigger post without making a copy to Notepad first. In fact there ought to be a "Make Safety Copy to Notepad" button :-)

Yeah I started to do that weeks ago, but for some reason I just won't do it all the time and every time I forget to do it, an "error" ends up happening and I lose the post!

The problems have nothing to do with cookies. The errors appears randomly with the same setting.

(I see another problem here, no way to quote specific text!  There is no Q or Quote button on this toolbar, so how are we supposed to quote specific areas of a post?  I tried making your text gray like the 1st quoted area, which was easy since it was already there, I'll see how that works.  But there really needs to be a "quote" area on the toolbar). 

I do see a problem with Cookies here; every time I "Block all Cookies" in IE6 via the slider bar, then set the slider back to High and come back here, the Cookie appears to be (for lack of a better term) "damaged", and I usually have to end up deleting it, logging back in, and saving that one.  I don't know if that's a site problem or another SP3 bug.

Besides, it doesn't help to add the forums to the trusted sites. The forums use some hidden/unknown sites, so you have to reduce the entier safety, which is very irritating. I have already reported this bug (see my thread "A few problems").

Yes that gets old in a hurry.  You can set the Custom level in the Trusted Sites zone to no longer warn you when going from the basic internet to a Trusted Zone.  That way it's not less secure, but the prompts can drive you crazy.

The VB forum worked - almost - until the last update, but now it is very unstable.

Why is it that every update for [whatever] seems worse than the one before. ????? <where is the confused icon>

The new spell checker is nice, but why does the box jump around in exactly such a way that it covers the word, which should be corrected, so that you work in blind. If you really wants to waist all that space to the right, why not place the box here (or fix the bug)?

Yeah I just noticed that, it does have some annoying quirks about it that should be altered.  At least though it has a custom dictionary.  Check out "IE Spell", it's free.  Of course all of these forums here have disabled the conventional right click context menu so you can't use IE Spell like that here, but you can add a button to the IE Toolbar (from the Custom area) and just click that to check for typo's.  At any other site, you can just right click the text input areas and "Check spelling", or highlight just the text you want to check and check spelling that way.  http://www.iespell.com/
    God Bless
    Saturday, June 7, 2008 10:22 AM
  • Clint,
    See my updated reply above.  This was a data migration issue.

Yes, I removed my name from the subject line.  I'm able to find your posts.  ;-)

Have a great day and please enjoy the new forums! God bless you too! 

Thanks,
    Carl Prothman

I was able to reply to Carsten's post ok, and this one I guess, so hopefully that "." period was the problem.  I also changed that over on the SP3 forums.

Thanks for the replies Carl, we'll see how this holds up.  ;-)
    God Bless
    Saturday, June 7, 2008 10:52 AM
  • This same BS is still happening!  I can't post.  Once again, every time I click a "Reply" or "Quote" button I get "You have been successfully logged out", and I have NOT been logged out, and I AM NOT logged IN either!  It's in limbo!!  This is at the SP3 area forums. 

Logout

You have been successfully logged out of the Forums.

Return home

I clicked the "Reply" button here on this thread and after several minutes the freakin' page STILL won't load, and the URL of the page that won't load has the words 'login live' at the beginning of the URL.  When the page finally loads, I'm back on the same page where I tried to click "reply"!!!  This happens repeatedly when I try and reply.

So I have to click the "Please Sign in" at upper right, and once again my email address is NOT THERE, and because these forums disable IE's auto-complete and remembrance of logins, I have to manually type it all in again!  Never once does IE ask if I want to remember the login, and yes, every time I do this I dot the option to remember email address AND password.

The only way I can post anywhere, is I have to come to THIS area to login AGAIN, in order to post something over at the SP3 forums!  All the while the MS Cookie is STILL on my HD!

God Bless
    Sunday, June 8, 2008 11:36 AM
  • ..And it continues!  I just tried to post at the SP3 forums and this BS is now back when I click "Post"!!

Unknown Error
      We apologize, but an unknown error has occurred in the forums.

This error has been logged.

God Bless
    Sunday, June 8, 2008 5:42 PM
  • Clint,
    I'm not able to reproduce that error message here from home. 

Try this:
    1) Sign out of Live ID
    2) Clear the browser's cache (including cookies)
    3) Sign In Forums 3.x (this site)

And then give me the exact repro steps that you are taking. 

Also, please include the following details:
    - URL to the SP3 forum(s) that you are trying to use.
    - Browser, version, service pack
    - Browser cookie security settings

Thanks,
    Carl Prothman
    • Edited by carlpro Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:36 AM Updated reply
    Sunday, June 8, 2008 7:49 PM
  • This is unreal.  I just got through posting some things at the SP3 forum with no problem.  Then I go to post the last thing at another one of the SP3 threads, and it's back to that "You have successfully been logged out" BS.  But at the top of the page my login was still being shown!  "Welcome back Clint D", so I WAS logged in during that! 

I come back over here to state this, and at the upper right area of this page I see BOTH the "Sign out" link, AND the "Please Sign in" link!  When I click to reply, this URL is shown in the address bar: http://login.live.com/logout.srf?ct=1213013340&rver=5.0.3265.0&lc=1033&id=74335&ru=http:%2F%2Fforums.technet.microsoft.com%2FPassport.aspx%3Floc%3D%252fen-US%252ftnfeedback%252fthread%252f2ca5c75d-05ec-4df0-bdca-14c20c0395d4%252f and it remains that way for about 3 minutes, hanging, then it goes back to this exact page which ends up being nothing but a 3 minute long "refresh"!

So once again I have to click the "Sign in" link, and manually type in the email address and password in order to reply.

I also never received any email notification that you replied.

The steps you mentioned is what I usually have to end up doing; I have to supposedly "sign out" even though sometimes I'm NOT signed in.  But I can click the "Sign out" link and it does nothing because.....I'm not signed in!  It's a causality loop!

About  a month ago I asked something about this and "Chris Keroack" (moderator) said: "- IE not remembering logon on the TechNet forum is not specific to OS or IE. It's an unrelated issue that forum folks are investigating."

IE's cache is automatically cleared at the close of the last IE window, I use IE Privacy Keeper and it clears everything, but it saves Cookies you want to save.  I also have IE set to "Empty temp net files folder when browser is closed".  I don't have any problems staying logged in at other forums.  I believe I already mentioned I'm using IE6 and SP3.  Privacy setting is set to "High", but that's irrelevant because IE is indeed saving MS cookies (as per my request to do so).  I am not allowing the Webtrends 'malware' Cookie from this site.

The SP3 forum is here: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=2010&SiteID=17 .  Any of those threads is where I've been doing most of my replying.

Thanks.

God Bless
    Monday, June 9, 2008 12:38 PM
  • Clint,
    Okay I understand now. You are talking about posting in the 2.x Forums and not in these newer 3.x Forums. 

I did check around and the issue you ran into is a known issue in the 2.x Forums. 

Current work-around:

1) Deleting these four cookies (and make sure you allow them in cookie security)

<username>@microsoft.com
        <username>@forums.microsoft.com
        <username>@login.live,com
        <username>@live.com

2) Close and open your Web browser

3) Log into LiveID 
        - Use 'Save my e-mail address' and NOT 'Save my e-mail address and password' option

Thanks,
    Carl Prothman
    • Proposed as answer by carlpro Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:44 PM
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 8:15 AM
  • Hey Carl.  No, not exactly.  I stated in my threads that I'm having issues at both forums; this area and the other I mentioned.

I already deleted all those Cookies, I mentioned the other day that I had to delete all of them to login again, and that the only one that is now necessary to keep to stay logged in is the one listed as "microsoft.com". 

Are you saying that people cannot remain logged in?  That's what would happen because I would have to keep entering my password each time I posted if the main microsoft.com Cookie were not saved on the HD.

What happened to the email notifications?
    God Bless
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:10 AM
  •  It just keeps getting more and more screwed up.  It's taking me THREE or FOUR attempts here to sign in.  I click the "Sign in" link, and after a 3-4 minute wait, NOTHING HAPPENS, it just goes right back to this same page!  I have to sign in HERE at this forum, in order to post in the SP3 forums because (as I have state before), I'm "in limbo" over there, neither signed in NOR out!  I try to post over there, and now get this!!

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

I have removed all the Cookies as suggested and tried dotting the box to only remember the email address, and it still remembers NOTHING, as I predicted.
    God Bless
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 4:33 AM
  • Clint,
    Sorry to hear you are still having issues using IE 6 over in the SP3 forums (which are still on the 2.x forums system). 

Do you get the same results using FireFox 2, or other web browser such as IE 7?

I am getting notification emails.

Thanks,
    Carl Prothman
    • Edited by carlpro Thursday, June 12, 2008 6:52 AM Updated rely
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 6:51 AM
  • Clint,
    I'm unable to repro what you are seeing.  I've tried the following:

IE 6.0.3790.3959 with SP2
    Security - Internet Zone set to Medium (default settings)
    Privacy - Cookies set to Medium (default settings)

1) Log into Forums 3.x
    http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/
    - Used "Save my e-mail address" (middle option) when logging into LiveID

2) Create a new post in Forums 3.x
    http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/msdnsandbox/thread/3a52abc3-6044-489c-9ad8-5c12360835db

3) Create a new reply in Forums 2.x
    http://forums.microsoft.com/technet/showpost.aspx?postid=3479797&siteid=17&mode=1&sb=0&d=1&at=7&ft=11&tf=0&pageid=1
    - see last page on that thread

=> Works!

I've also tried it the other way:

1) Log out

2) Log into Forums 2.x
    http://forums.microsoft.com/technet/showpost.aspx?postid=3479797&siteid=17&mode=1&sb=0&d=1&at=7&ft=11&tf=0&pageid=1
    - Used "Save my e-mail address" (middle option) when logging into LiveID

3) Create a new reply in Forums 2.x
    - see last page on that thread

4) Create a new reply in Forums 3.x
    http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/msdnsandbox/thread/3a52abc3-6044-489c-9ad8-5c12360835db#page:9999

=> Works!

I also tried the 'Save my e-mail address and password' option (first one) when logging into LiveID. And both cases above work.

This looks to be an intermittant problem on the 2.x Forums system.
    Clint, since this is 2.x Forums bug, lets continue this conversation over there

Thanks,
    Carl Prothman

• Proposed as answer by carlpro Thursday, June 12, 2008 8:56 PM
    • Edited by carlpro Friday, June 13, 2008 11:57 PM Updated reply
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 8:01 PM
  • Did you start a new thread over there?

Once again, the [enter] key is double-spacing here.  Carl, I told you the problems are NOT just on the 2.x forums, but here as well.  The problem appears to be caused by blocking all Cookies (slider set to "block all cookies"), then moving the slider back to my default level, then when coming back to these forums 2.x as I stated above shows me as neither logged in NOR out.  I can't click anything over there without seeing that "You have successfully been logged out".  v3 over here shows me as not logged in.  I can't do anything at either forum without first having to delete the MS Cookie, and then log in again, (and when I do that it all has to be manually typed in because this site won't allow a browser's auto-fill/auto-complete options).  Obviously for some unknown reason, the stored Cookie is not able to be read by this website after all cookies have been blocked, then re-enabled.  This is the only forums where this happens.

Cut, Copy, Paste, here in the right click still does not work.

I logged in using FF, I'll see what happens with it the next few days.  But even with it, this site is not allowing it to remember any login info.  (I found that out when I forgot to tell it to save the Cookie the first time).

God Bless

• Edited by Clint D Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:33 AM hjhjhju
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:30 AM
  • Clint,
    The "You have successfully been logged out" is a known 2.x issue, which has been resolved. If this is not working for you, then please create a new post over in the 2.x Feedback forum.

Re: Enter Key: When using IE, the Enter key inserts a <br /> tag in Forums 3.x editor's HTML view. 

Re: Cookies:  In order to use 3.x (or 2.x) Forums , one must allow cookies.  I'm using the following settings and have not run into any issues on 3.x (and 2.x) forums.
    1. Add "*.microsoft.com" to IE's trusted sites. Trusted sites is using Medium security.

If IE's Privacy setting is set to 'Medium High', or 'High', then make sure to 'allow' the following sites:

Re: Cut, Copy, and Paste:   These features only work if you allow the web site to have access to your clipboard.  Hence I suggested you add "*.microsoft.com" to IE's trusted sites. Trusted sites have a 'Medium' secuirty by default.  In particular, see the "Allow programmatic clipboard access" under scripting.

Thanks,
    Carl Prothman
    MSDN/TechNet Forums 3.x - Software Development Engineer

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:51 PM
  • Well it's the same BS on FireFox.  It worked for a while, worked when I started my PC today, I posted ok, but for some reason when I left the site, came back to reply to a post, I was again "in limbo" even at THIS forum!  Not logged in, not logged out.  And it again it won't remember the login so I have to manually type it.  Just like in IE, in FF I also get that "You have successfully been logged out" BS when I click a link at the other forums!  So this is obviously not a browser issue.  I'm also getting some annoying pop-up that tells me I'm leaving a secure site to an unsecure site, even though I have that warning disabled!!  FF is even more difficult to use here than IE.
    God Bless
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:31 AM
  • carlpro said:

Clint,

I just now saw this post of yours.  Since we can't selectively quote here (when are you going to fix that?) I'm having to type in bold here and below to distinguish my text from yours.  The problem is still happening at the 2x forums as I mentioned in my last post above, and even in FF.

A <br> or <br /> tag is not a double space, but just a line break.  What I'm getting is a double line break, which coding wise is TWO br tags.  Also one should not be required to switch views in order to start a new paragraph.

We already went over all that previously. ;-)  (What happened to the emoticons?)  If I were not allowing Cookies, then I would never be able to login at all.  Obviously that's not the case since I can post, after I login.

Medium or High privacy settings should have nothing to do with this since both browsers are allowing all MS Cookies, plus I mentioned previously that I added MS to the Trusted Sites zone to no avail, and my Trusted Sites zone I even set to really LOW security!  I'm not putting IE on "Medium" because that can allow some malware on a PC.  If a website demands a browser lower its security settings even after allowing all Cookies, then something is wrong with the website.

Again, this is a security risk if you're talking about "allow paste operations via script".  That should be disabled for security reasons.  If that must be allowed, then this is another indication that something is wrong with the forums and that they must be re-evaluated.  The basic clipboard functions are available at all websites, or I would not be able to copy/paste via the browser toolbar.  It's only in IE's right click context menu at these new forums is where it does not work.  It also doesn't work on FF, although FF does have it's normal context menu instead of that proprietary forum right click menu.  When I try and paste something using FF, when I right click to "paste" it usually for some unknown reason highlights the entire paragraph!  So if I pasted, the whole paragraph would get deleted and replaced with the 'paste' contents.

Even with login issues not withstanding, it's obvious that something is wrong with these forums, even the new version.  They are not user friendly at all and that must be changed or members are going to start leaving.  2.x is much more user friendly.  Furthermore, if their usage requires the lowering of browser settings, that is also indicative there is something wrong.  Another problem is being forced to put a reason in the "Edit post" box or the forum won't allow the edit!

Aren't you using SP2?  Maybe all of this is another SP3 issue.

Sorry again that I didn't see your latest post until after I posted, so I'll go over to the other area now.  But I still don't know whether to start a new thread, or continue on an existing thread because you said to start a new "post", not a thread.  Do you mean thread?  If so, then you can start it, or just let me know and I'll do it.

God Bless
    • Edited by Clint D Wednesday, June 18, 2008 11:17 AM zzzzz
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 11:00 AM
  • Now I'm also getting that "You have successfully been logged out" cr@p in FireFox, WHILE POSTING something!!  I replied to some posts with no problems, I then replied to another and that error happened when I clicked the "Post" button!  Nothing was changed, I never even left the site!  Something is really screwed up bad with these forums.
    God Bless
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:49 AM
  • Hi Clint D-

I wanted to let you now that we released a fix for the Forums 2.x platform into production last week that should resolve the "You have been logged out" experience on that platform.  The information has been updated in http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3432768&SiteID=1

If this experiencing is happening on the Forums 3.x platform, I'd love to see the behavior reproduced.  Would be happy to set up a live meeting session if this is occurring for you.

Please let me know.

Thanks-
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Monday, June 23, 2008 8:15 AM