none
tedious boring activities RRS feed

• Question

• I had an interview last week and one of the questions was 'if you had lots of boring repetitive tasks to do, like add multiole users, installing applications to multiple pcs, what is the best way to go about it?'

What would the best reply be for this question?

Sunday, October 20, 2019 4:32 PM

All replies

• I believe they could be asking if you know about tools such as Microsoft Intune, System Center Config Manager and Microsoft Identity Manager.

Start here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/enterprise-mobility-security/ 

Regards,
    Pete

#PEJL
    Got any nice code? If you invest time in coding an elegant, novel or impressive answer on MSDN forums, why not copy it over to TechNet Wiki, for future generations to benefit from! You'll never get archived again, and you could win weekly awards!

Have you got what it takes to become this month's TechNet Technical Guru? Join a long list of well known community big hitters, show your knowledge and prowess in your favoured technologies!

Sunday, October 20, 2019 4:58 PM
  • Would active directory be an answer? What about Azure?
    Sunday, October 20, 2019 5:21 PM
  • It's a blurred line between on-prem and cloud these days.

As you haven't provided any context to the question, I'd assume the link I provided will get you on the right path.

Have a good read through the services I mentioned and you'll understand better.

Then probably best if you post in a more specific forum than this one.

Use the search box from the forum landing page to find similar questions and which forum is most relevant.

All the best,
    Pete

#PEJL
    Got any nice code? If you invest time in coding an elegant, novel or impressive answer on MSDN forums, why not copy it over to TechNet Wiki, for future generations to benefit from! You'll never get archived again, and you could win weekly awards!

Have you got what it takes to become this month's TechNet Technical Guru? Join a long list of well known community big hitters, show your knowledge and prowess in your favoured technologies!

Sunday, October 20, 2019 5:26 PM
  • I had an interview last week and one of the questions was 'if you had lots of boring repetitive tasks to do, like add multiole users, installing applications to multiple pcs, what is the best way to go about it?'

What would the best reply be for this question?

You could have mentioned something like  - I would find tools, scripts to leverage or try to write own customized PowerShell script to automate these tasks that would reduce the overall time 

Regards,
    Vaibhav

Monday, October 21, 2019 12:11 PM
  • Off topic for forum.

Danny

Thursday, October 31, 2019 2:48 PM