How to re-open Opportunities RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

Using MS Dynamics I can Close an opportunity Won or Lost - thats understandable.

But

I sell a subscription product so I want to close WON an opportunity for 2015 and re-create that same Opportunity - carrying through all the information/interactions etc.,  hanging off the Closed 2015 opportunity, to a new or renewal opportunity for 2016.

In other CRM systems you can DUPLICATE an existing opportunity.

I currently only close opportunities as lost or if they are won I just push the close date on a year. i.e. I do not close it I just change the date so the pop is never closed

This methodology does not help me do any stats on Leads to Opp's to Close Won or Lost so I cannot track the success or otherwise of marketing activities.

Many hanks in advance 

Matthew

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 2:16 PM

All replies

• Your best option would be to set up a workflow that automatically creates a new opportunity whenever you close your original opportunity as won.  The workflow could trigger on status change, check that it's won, then make a new Opportunity with all the data you want to copy over form the old one.  Then you could even put the expected win date a year out from the old one if you want.

That will both let you win opportunities, and save you the effort of making new ones all the time.  You'll get good reporting and forecasting then.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Wednesday, October 14, 2015 5:18 PM
    Wednesday, October 14, 2015 5:18 PM