Cloud Developer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am a .net web developer with more than 5 years of experience in web development using C# and now i am planning to switch myself to something new technology in windows platform itself and i have chosen cloud computing for the same considering that i have some knowledge and interest in it.So could someone help me in choosing the direction to go about it..what certifications should i take in order to qualify as a professional Cloud developer.

Hope i am clear and accurate in my question, if not please don't hesitate to ask me for more details.

Thanks

Deepak

Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:24 AM

Answers

• If you want to get the MCPD: Windows Azure Developer certification you will need to do all 3 exams.  If you only do 70-583, you will only get the PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Azure Applications certification.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Marked as answer by D Nair Thursday, May 17, 2012 10:30 AM
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:31 AM

All replies

• Have a look at MCPD: Windows Azure Developer - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#tab2

Exam 70-513 - TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
    Exam 70-516 - TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
    Exam 70-583 - PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Azure Applications 

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:26 AM
  • Is Exam 70-513 and 70-516 are prerequisites for 70-583 ? Can't I directly go for 70-583 ??

Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:26 AM
  • If you want to get the MCPD: Windows Azure Developer certification you will need to do all 3 exams.  If you only do 70-583, you will only get the PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Azure Applications certification.

Jeff Wharton

• Marked as answer by D Nair Thursday, May 17, 2012 10:30 AM
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:31 AM
  • Thanks Jeff for your prompt response!!
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 10:43 AM
  • Jeff, one more question for you which i couldn't figure out after going through the Microsoft Learning website, the question being, is there any prerequisites for exam 70-513 and 70-516 ?
    Friday, May 18, 2012 11:33 AM
  • There are no prerequisites however Microsoft does recommend the following:

70-513

The candidate works on a team in a development environment that uses Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 to build distributed applications. This candidate should have at least one year of experience developing Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)–based applications, including at least six months of experience with .NET Framework 4. Candidate should also be able to demonstrate the following:

• A solid understanding of WCF in the context of the .NET Framework 4 solution stack
    • Experience creating service model elements
    • Experience using WCF to support open and .NET communication
    • Experience configuring and deploying WCF applications
    • Experience using Visual Studio tools, tracing tools, SvcUtil, WCF performance monitoring, and IIS/WAS for hosting services
    • Experience securing WCF applications
    • A solid understanding of concurrency

70-516

Candidates for this exam use Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and ADO.NET 4 to develop the data access layer of an application. Candidates should have a minimum of two to three years of experience developing application components that interact with a variety of data sources. In addition, candidates should have a thorough understanding of relational database concepts and should have a minimum of one to two years of experience using a relational database management system. Candidates should also have a good grasp of the following:

• ADO.NET 4 coding techniques and framework components
    • ADO.NET Data Services LINQ
    • LINQ to SQL
    • Entity Framework technologies
    • Structured Query Language (SQL)
    • stored procedures
    • Database Structures/Schemas (Objects) XML

Jeff Wharton

Friday, May 18, 2012 11:39 AM
  • I thought Exam # 70-536 is the prerequisite for all the .net framework based certifications. Is that true ?
    Friday, May 18, 2012 11:49 AM
  • If it was a prerequisite for the MCPD: Windows Azure Developer certification, it would say so

If you review the details for 70-536, you will see that it is only relevant to .Net 2.0 and 3.5 certifications, not .Net 4.0

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-536

Jeff Wharton

• Edited by Mr. Wharty Friday, May 18, 2012 11:58 AM
    Friday, May 18, 2012 11:52 AM