best alternative to ISV pages RRS feed

• Question

• If you have a bunch of isv pages on crm 4 and now you must upgrade it, what is the best alternative?

my problem is I have a separated database for this pages on the same sql server as my crm

the isvs are very easy to install as it lives on the same web site

Silverlight and javascript will require the creation of json or soap to replace the ado.net

is there an alternative to use asp.net without having a separated web site? is it supported to create a iis virtual folder under the crm web site?

Friday, August 16, 2013 11:02 PM

All replies

• Check out this page from the SDK: Upgrade Code in the ISV folder to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011

Guidelines for Developing New Code
    When developing new code, the recommendation is to use the web resources feature of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. For scenarios that will not be satisfied by the web resources feature, create your web application in its own application pool with its own web.config. For this discussion, this application will be referred to as the ISV web application.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Saturday, August 17, 2013 1:16 AM
  • yes, it helps with 2011, what about 2013? that isv you suggest was a temp fix for 2012. they even recommend to don't extend or create new. is 2013 going to provide asp.net as a web resource
    Saturday, August 17, 2013 1:39 AM