Active Directory RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am new in Active Directory, 

Can someone please guide me where to start from.

Currently I am seeing it on MVA and thinking to start to with the practical learning as well.

I tried to download server as a trial but it gives too many versions to download and I am kinda confused with that.

help is appreciated :)

Sunday, July 20, 2014 6:09 AM

Answers

• Hi there 

You can view the differences between these versions in microsoft documentation :

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38809

For training I suggest the Datacenter edition trial so you will have full features.

There are some good Video Tutorial Courses on CBT Nuggets and Plural Sight websites. And they will cost you but it worth it.

You can train by getting free ebooks or purchasing the microsoft press official training kit.

Have fun training

Farhad

Sunday, July 20, 2014 6:27 AM
  • My recommendation it using all the tools: 

1. Virtual Learning (MVA, TrainSignal, CBT and others) 
    2. Practical learning, download a trial version of 180 days, will install on one computer (you can also local virtual system) 
    3. Learning from Microsoft Press books

Please Mark This As Answer if it helps to solve the issue

Tzuri Ben Ezra | My Certifications: CompTIA A+ ,Microsoft MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCITP |
    FaceBook: Tzuri FaceBook | vCard: Tzuri vCard | 
    Microsoft ID: Microsoft Transcript 
     |

Monday, July 21, 2014 5:37 AM

All replies

• Hi there 

You can view the differences between these versions in microsoft documentation :

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38809

For training I suggest the Datacenter edition trial so you will have full features.

There are some good Video Tutorial Courses on CBT Nuggets and Plural Sight websites. And they will cost you but it worth it.

You can train by getting free ebooks or purchasing the microsoft press official training kit.

Have fun training

Farhad

Sunday, July 20, 2014 6:27 AM
  • Hi,

Thanx for the reply.

I have started download from Microsoft and it is kinda downloading .exe, I guess it is for virtual machines. 

Can I get it on .ISO or later convert it to .ISO ?

Sunday, July 20, 2014 11:56 AM
  • Hi there 

Post the link you are downloading so I can check it for you. Its usually an ISO.

Farhad

Monday, July 21, 2014 3:35 AM