ADO.NET Sync Framewrok and .NET Remoting -> is that possible? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just discovered your Sync Framework and find it great. I am currently working on a distibuted project for users with a very low bandwidth and servers with huge databases... so the disconnected mode with synchronization would be the heart of our solution. As we try to limit the size of the data packages  transfered on line we would like to use the .Net Remoting  technology  with the binary formatters as the distributed runtime, do you think that it would be possible to  use the Sync framework to setup N-Tier using .Net Remoting and not Web Services????

Thanks in advance for any help,

Piotr
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 10:45 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Friday, May 25, 2007 2:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sync Services is transport independent. That said, you can pick pretty much any technology to move data across nodes. Remoting, WCF, Sockets, RPC, Web Services .. anything should work fine.

Thanks
    Friday, May 25, 2007 4:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sync Services is transport independent. That said, you can pick pretty much any technology to move data across nodes. Remoting, WCF, Sockets, RPC, Web Services .. anything should work fine.

Thanks
    Friday, May 25, 2007 4:21 PM
  • Ok I think I have it Smile Thanks
    Monday, May 28, 2007 11:25 AM