BOT not visiting nor indexing entire site, single page and sitemap indexed only RRS feed

• Question

• MSN still has the single page listed with the sitemap. None of the other pages have been indexed. The last time the bot visited the site was the 16th of March, prior to that was the 6th of March. Ggl has since then crawled and indexed this site just about twice every week.
    I have resubmitted the sitemap and I check daily to see if there have been any changes to what MSN has indexed. What more could be done in order for the site to be indexed at a faster rate OR just to be indexed? Plus, the question still remains, why was the sitemap indexed?

www.katiespix.com

Any help would be great to find a solution to the problem. This has also been listed before but seems to have been forgotten or overlooked.
    Thanks
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 4:34 PM

Answers

• I don't really know why it indexed the sitemap. I do know a new version of our bot is coming out in a few months that should correct a lot of the current crawling problems. 
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Monday, April 27, 2009 5:22 PM
    Monday, April 27, 2009 5:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Your issue stems from your current lack of rank. As much as we may want to, it is not feasable to index every page on the web for every website. I suggest working on backlinks and increase crawler-readable content to help increase your rank. 

Brett
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Wednesday, April 8, 2009 7:30 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Xtreme-EyeWitness Saturday, April 11, 2009 12:12 AM
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 7:29 PM
  • My rank is at the third bar. I also have several reputable backlinks as well. The bot finally revisited on the 5th which didn't populate in the webmaster center until yesterday.
    Also, I have no other issues with crawler readability with other search engines. Still the issue remains as to why the crawler indexed the sitemap.
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 11:35 PM
  • I don't really know why it indexed the sitemap. I do know a new version of our bot is coming out in a few months that should correct a lot of the current crawling problems. 
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Monday, April 27, 2009 5:22 PM
    Monday, April 27, 2009 5:22 PM