Role/Previlige on a particular record in dynamics crm 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I've three reports like (on case entity)

1. Report for Customer A
    2. Report for customer B
    3. Report for Customer C

Now I want to assign the role so that each customer will be able to see its own report. for example if customer A is logged in then only first report that is Report for Customer for A should be shown to him and respectively for other users.

I want your kind suggestion in this regards.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:33 PM

All replies

• you just need to make sure they only have read access to entities they own (either individually, or as part of a Team). If they don't own the entities in question, then you are either going to have to put those customers in different business units, or build the reports and deliver them to the customers.

If you build a report and deliver it, and you're on-premises, you could actually subscribe each customer to their report, so they get it emailed to them on a daily, weekly, or however schedule works for them.  That is a decent compromise when you need customer reports for data they don't own as a user in the system.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:47 PM