WHITE PAPER QUERY?? RRS feed

• Question

• can we post nything related to computer or techical suff in the white paper...I mean can we post things not written by us...coz i saw a lot of people posting stuffs taken from the internet written by sum researcher of professor???....Arent they should be your own creation???
    Monday, September 17, 2007 5:14 PM

All replies

• point to be noted.

plz can anyone clarify wat`s the purpose of whitepaper.

Sharing the Knowledge or sharing ur creativity....

Monday, September 17, 2007 8:11 PM
  •  

Hello Mr. Anmol

we can not put the content which is created by other people but we can use the concept of the other people. it is just only for sharing knowledge.

you have anything to share, than u can.

Krunal Doshi

Monday, September 17, 2007 11:01 PM
  • hey am not able to see the whitepapers uploaded by me??...although after uploading it shows uploaded successfully but i cant find mine in the list??/wat can be the problem????.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2007 12:48 PM
  •  Anmol_Khurana_77683e wrote:
    hey am not able to see the whitepapers uploaded by me??...although after uploading it shows uploaded successfully but i cant find mine in the list??/wat can be the problem????.

wait for 2-3 days........
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 9:02 AM
  • okkkkk....i got it ...will wait and see.....also can the adminsconfirm whether th whitepapers shuld be your own creation or can be anyone's ...
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 9:39 AM
  • Whitepaper:
          a. Uploading
                 i. You can upload up to 3 whitepaper in the site every month.
                 ii. The whitepaper should be your own creation with a technical outlook. It could be related to some research, new technologies etc..
                 iii. The whitepaper to be uploaded can only be in .doc or .pdf format.
                 iv. The maximum size allowed per whitepaper is 1.0 MB.
                 v. You get points for uploading whitepaper only if our whitepaper is rated by at least 5 persons.
                 vi. White paper will be on site only when approved by admin.

Source : http://www.studentrockstar.com/featureList.aspx
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:00 PM
  • @Harshil,

I have already come across lot of whitepapers, which have been downloaded from other websites and uploaded here. I remember one in particular about java from sub, which looked very much like a presentation.

What i dont understand, is that uploading other whitepapers is not allowed, then how come, they are clearing the scrutiny of the admins.

Is it possible that the admins are not even looking at the whitepapers. But if this is the case, then why the delay in upload in the whitepaper section. If not, then why arent these papers are blocked???

(sorry for asking 2 many questions, old habits die hard...  )

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:50 PM
  • but me too have seen many(almost all) are downloaded from internet and posted here and they are there even after scrutiny by the admins so wat tht means???

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 3:00 PM
  •  

Hello ANMOL

U can use the referrence but the whole creation of the white paper is need to be yours!

it is compulsory that u have to submit whitepapers by your own self

u can not submit the white paper which is created by other person

if u want to see more about white paper than see do and don't do's in home page link but it is compulsory that u r not loged in then and then the do's and don't do's is appear

ok

KRUNAL DOSHI

Thursday, September 20, 2007 11:18 PM
  • Hey frnds as u know any1 can submit only 3 white papers per month ........ i have uploaded only 1 (u can check with authr query) but whenever m trying to upload new white paper it's showing "u can upload only 3 white papers per month error" what is d problem

Monday, September 24, 2007 10:00 PM
  • Admins willc heck the content inside the paper and then they will upload that paper .That's why it happens to be late for ur paper to be displayed in the site.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2007 8:10 AM
  • Mr. SAZID
                    first of all u  hav to submit the frst paper only thn u can download other white paper....
    and remember it must be ur own creation.... may be a research or ur studies on a particular topic...
    Tuesday, September 25, 2007 10:45 AM
  • its not so... v can download t paper even if v dont submit any...

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 12:47 PM
  •  Saurabh Kumar Jain wrote:
    Mr. SAZID
                    first of all u  hav to submit the frst paper only thn u can download other white paper....
    and remember it must be ur own creation.... may be a research or ur studies on a particular topic...

I am sorry to say that you are wrong.

You can download/rate any number of whitepapers, and it dont matter whether you have psoted a whitepaper or not; )
    Tuesday, September 25, 2007 1:53 PM
  •  sazid_md_c9eba5 wrote:
    Hey frnds as u know any1 can submit only 3 white papers per month ........ i have uploaded only 1 (u can check with authr query) but whenever m trying to upload new white paper it's showing "u can upload only 3 white papers per month error" what is d problem

May be you uploaded 3 whitepapers, and only one of them have been approved, and may be only thats being displayed ?

I am not sure about it, but this is just a guess.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2007 1:56 PM
  • right buddy! i 2 said t same... do v get points for rating?

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 1:57 PM
  • sazid, did u try uploading papers more than twice after t 1 u did? bcas wen i was uploading 1 of my paper i got 'Uploading failed'... later wen i tried again i couldnt upload... even i got "u can upload only 3 white papers per month error"....  has tis happend 2 u? if so u cant upload anymore tis month.... 

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 2:16 PM
  • hi,

for such problems mail your problem to the admin he will reply you with a better solution because he will be knowing about the problems better than us..even my friend faced problems with opening rockstar..he consulted with the admin,,his problem was cleared...
    Tuesday, September 25, 2007 3:28 PM
  • Hi Friends,

I think u can upload any whitepapers or articles that is created by you or other person but it should be releated to some TECHNICAL Stuff...

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 1:40 PM
  • Hi Friends,

You can upload any whitepapers or articles that is created by you or others but one thing is

"IT SHOULD BE RELEATED TO TECHNICAL STUFF"

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 1:46 PM
  • nope it has been clearly mentioned  in the rules that they shud b our own creation...so better try to create ur own papers instead of uploading papers got from some sites....
    Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:39 PM
  •  

i think u r write......... but listen one thing if something u find interesting in the internet u can post that also bcoz that will also help the others........
    Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:45 PM
  • ya ya ofcourse u should upload papers of ur own creation or an article...but it is not a must that it should be a techinical stuff...admins are accepting also white papers of general topics...
    Wednesday, September 26, 2007 3:00 PM
  •  

Ya anyone can download whitepaper without uploading.......... but  the problem with me is i have uploaded only one whitepaper and there is limit of 3 per month ....now when m uploading any my other two white paper its showing ""You can upload 3 white papers per month"' What should i do
    Wednesday, September 26, 2007 8:08 PM
  • ya ankit.. ur right... all dont c those info... so there is nothing wrong in sharing t info fron internet...

Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:53 PM
  • ya even i accept the point that anything can be posted as whitepaper but if v share some programming tips or anything related to computers then it wud be beneficial for others...thus making this contest meaningful...
    Thursday, September 27, 2007 3:43 PM