0.9.3821.962 mac mesh agent crashing on startup, won't sign in RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Mesh asked me to upgrade my mac client to 0.9.3821.962 and I have.  Now mesh won't connect anymore and it is unusable .  The mac mesh agent launches and eventually I get a OS dialog box saying Mesh has quit unexpectedly.  The funny thing is that the Mesh agent still shows up in the menuba and is running, but the icon is grayed out.  The "Sign in..." option is gray as well.   What gives?   I'm running Leopard on an Intel Mac.  Is there a new client out that fixes this?  If so, how do I get it, since I am not prompted to upgrade my client as of now.
    Monday, March 30, 2009 3:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    I have version 0.9 (0.9.3821.962)
    I had the same issue after an error when trying to change some settings for specific folders and what was sync'd with each device etc using the OSX Mesh interface.

to correct the issue, (a simple uninstall does not correct the issue)
    1. Exit Live Mesh
    2. delete the folder "Live Mesh" found: /Users/<username>/Library/Live Mesh
    3. uninstall the application by dragging Live Mesh from applications to your trash.
    4. Reinstall Live Mesh, and re-sign in with your credentials choose your folders etc and it will ask to MERGE the folders.
    5. depending on what versions on what computer you have, choose the appropriate step. ie. if your mac has newest folder information then DO NOT merge. if its older then it doesnt matter.

hope this helps.

Marc
    Thanks
    • Marked as answer by blogger11212 Tuesday, July 14, 2009 5:00 PM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 2:59 PM
  • Woah - that is a large crash dump. I think the best thing to do in this case is to submit a bug -

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

with full logs so that the team can take a proper, in depth, view at the problem.

Once you've submitted the bug please post the ID back here so that it can be tracked, also if there is a solution - please post it here as well!

Oren
    Monday, March 30, 2009 1:55 PM

All replies

• Woah - that is a large crash dump. I think the best thing to do in this case is to submit a bug -

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

with full logs so that the team can take a proper, in depth, view at the problem.

Once you've submitted the bug please post the ID back here so that it can be tracked, also if there is a solution - please post it here as well!

Oren
    Monday, March 30, 2009 1:55 PM
  • And please do report back that you've filed the bug and submitted logs and your carsh dump on Connect so that we can delete the crash dump data from the forum post.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, March 30, 2009 4:33 PM
  • bug ID 428450

https://connect.microsoft.com/LiveMesh/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=428450

Thanks.

btw, I think mesh is pretty sweet.  Are you guys hiring summer interns?
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:56 AM
  • Thanks for deleting the crash dump data and posting your bug report. Hopefully, they can determine what the problem is.

I can't answer about Intern possibilities since I don't work for Microsoft, but you may want to check this out:
    http://www.microsoft.com/college/ip_overview.mspx

-steve
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 12:55 PM
  • Hi,
    I have version 0.9 (0.9.3821.962)
    I had the same issue after an error when trying to change some settings for specific folders and what was sync'd with each device etc using the OSX Mesh interface.

to correct the issue, (a simple uninstall does not correct the issue)
    1. Exit Live Mesh
    2. delete the folder "Live Mesh" found: /Users/<username>/Library/Live Mesh
    3. uninstall the application by dragging Live Mesh from applications to your trash.
    4. Reinstall Live Mesh, and re-sign in with your credentials choose your folders etc and it will ask to MERGE the folders.
    5. depending on what versions on what computer you have, choose the appropriate step. ie. if your mac has newest folder information then DO NOT merge. if its older then it doesnt matter.

hope this helps.

Marc
    Thanks
    • Marked as answer by blogger11212 Tuesday, July 14, 2009 5:00 PM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 2:59 PM
  • Thanks for posting your experience and how you resolved it, Marc.
    -steve
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:04 PM
  • Strange, my Mesh folder was at /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Live Mesh . Maybe that is why this didn't work for me.

Tony.
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 9:05 AM
  • I wonder why your folder is in a different location....
    -steve
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 4:22 PM
  • Whenever I have problems with mac mesh I now just delete the Live Mesh folder.  It works like a charm.  Thanks!
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 5:01 PM