Opening a window with custom properties with a custom button [CRM DYNAMICS 4.0] RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to do something and if it's even doable at all.

What I need is a custom button in a salesorder product that will open a modal window that has lookup fields so I can make na association with another record type (custom one).

Now, I don't have problems with opening a window with the custom button but I don't know how will I have the fields I want in that form (basically a custom form).

The goal is basically to associate products to a custom entity and you can define the quantities.

Example:

I have a salesorder product with quantity 3 and when I click the custom button it opens a window with a "quantity" field and a lookup that lets me pick an instance of the custom entity. Let's say I associate quantity 2.

And if I want to associate the remaining 1 (up to the max quantity) I can click the button again and associate it to a diferente instance of the same custom entity.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

In case of any question or doubt please let me know.

Thanks

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 2:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

You question is not much clear to me, you can create a custom entity can have quantity and lookup field (for your custom entity) you can easily option that will your custom ISV button.

"Let's say I associate quantity 2"- could you provide more information what do you mean by associate ??

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 4:40 PM
  • Yes, I assumed it would be a bit complicated to understand some of my points :)

I can create a custom entity that is related to the salesorder product, I know that. It would have to be a many-to-many relationship I reckon between the custom entity and the salesorderdetail.

I meant by "associate" to assign 2 units of the total 3 to one instance of the custom entity and then I assigned the remaining unit to another instance of the custom entity.

But now that I'm thinking it might work with the M2M relationship. I'm not sure though how to open a custom entity in a new window when firing a custom toolbar button (loaded up on the ISV).

Can you give me any tips on how to do this? And obviously I need to pass some parameters from the salesorderdetail record I currently have open to custom entity window.

Thanks.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 5:10 PM
  • Thank you

You can easily open entity form, please have a look into this and can pass parameters as well.

you can write js in your ISV button.

HTH

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Marked as answer by Agenteusa Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:06 PM
    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 5:50 PM
  • Ok, I will look into it and will ask any further questions if needed but I think I can manage it from there. ;)

Thanks and marked as answer.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:07 PM