product key ? RRS feed

• Question

• hi can someone please help me ?

i had a new laptop a few months ago and it cant with microsoft office home and student 2007. it kept asking for a product key but i didnt know where to find it so i just clicked x and noticed i could still use it, so i used it for my GCSE coursework and now it wont let me type or anything. please could you tell how to get a product key asap because i need to finish my coursework.

thankyou

Friday, September 17, 2010 8:37 PM

Answers

• "leanne x" wrote in message news:3799f427-4550-47d5-befc-bc8ab22334a7...

okay i asked how to get a product key not for you to have a go at me!

so answer my question or just leave it yeaa

You buy it from a store, and hand over the cash :)
    MS no longer sells Office 2007 products - you may be able to find stocks in your local store, or in reputable internet stockists.
    You could always take the option to get Office 2010 direct from the MS Store

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, October 11, 2010 10:11 PM
    Friday, September 17, 2010 9:56 PM

All replies

• "leanne x" wrote in message news:2cf833fb-e5b0-47b0-8cb1-d93dcb57e079...

hi can someone please help me ?

i had a new laptop a few months ago and it cant with microsoft office home and student 2007. it kept asking for a product key but i didnt know where to find it so i just clicked x and noticed i could still use it, so i used it for my GCSE coursework and now it wont let me type or anything. please could you tell how to get a product key asap because i need to finish my coursework.

thankyou

If you'd read the notice that came up every time you started one of the Office Applications, you'd have seen that what you had installed was a TRIAL version - which was limited to 25 uses (or 60 days, depending on the type) - and that you had to BUY a license to be able to use it beyond that period.

--

Friday, September 17, 2010 8:47 PM
  • okay i asked how to get a product key not for you to have a go at me!

Friday, September 17, 2010 9:00 PM
  • "leanne x" wrote in message news:3799f427-4550-47d5-befc-bc8ab22334a7...

okay i asked how to get a product key not for you to have a go at me!

You buy it from a store, and hand over the cash :)
    MS no longer sells Office 2007 products - you may be able to find stocks in your local store, or in reputable internet stockists.
    You could always take the option to get Office 2010 direct from the MS Store

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, October 11, 2010 10:11 PM
    Friday, September 17, 2010 9:56 PM