Add Custom Button with Custom Web service Code RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to add Add Custom Button with Custom Web service Code using c# for CRM 2011

How to do this?

Regards,

Hussain

hussain

Friday, September 6, 2013 9:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

To add a custom code you could use solutions such as Visual Ribbon editor or Ribbon Workbench (I prefer the last). After you have added the button you could define a JavaScript function for it to do some job. Usually you could do lots of works with JavaScript codes, however, if you really want a plugin to be triggered you have to change a trigger (a custom and hidden field on the entity) and save it to call a plugin (the plugin should be registered on the update of entity).

My Weblog | My Website

Saturday, September 7, 2013 4:35 AM
  • I'm my case I would like to use c# using web service

hussain

Saturday, September 7, 2013 9:19 AM
  • You could not directly run plugin from ribbon. Have a look at this link for more information on how to trigger a plugin through a javascript and ribbon button.

My Weblog | My Website

Saturday, September 7, 2013 9:39 AM
  • Would you be able to trigger aspx page that has a web service script using JavaScript ? but in this case javascript Should get the GUID for that record.

hussain

Saturday, September 7, 2013 10:25 AM
  • Hi Hussain,

You can open custom form on click of ribbon button. You have to provide the JavaScript library inside the Action of Command definition. You can do it through Workbreanch Ribbon editor or manually.

<Actions><JavaScriptFunction
    Library=“$webresource:new_MyJavaScript“
    FunctionName=“OpenCustomForm“>

</JavaScriptFunction>

</Actions>

Refer below blog.

http://nishantrana.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/using-javascript-in-a-custom-button-in-crm-2011/

You can pass the current form id from button. In JavaScript you can open the Aspx page using window.open and pass the Id's as Query string and read in your custom application.

http://rajeevpentyala.wordpress.com/tag/selectedcontrolselecteditemids/

hope this helps!

Monday, September 9, 2013 8:34 AM
  • Do you want to create a custom button using web service code? If I am correct, do you mean to make xml changes in customizations.xml of a particular entity using web service code? Could you please elaborate on your requirement?

Rameshwari

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:26 PM