CRM 2013 - SDK Message Processing Step with Stage = 50 (Upgraded from CRM 4.0) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have upgraded CRM 4.0 to CRM 2011 and then to CRM 2013. We have one plugin which was registered in post stage of opportunity entity in CRM 4.0 and it is inserting new record in one of the newly created customized entity using stored procedure.

After upgradation, I found it was working fine. But what I have observed is, in the Create step of that plugin, not a single stage (Pre-operation, post-operation, etc.) is selected. I come to know from backend that it is having stage = 50 which is deprecated in CRM 2013. So I thought to remove that plugin and reregister it using available post stage in crm 2013. Once I have done this, this plugin stopped working and giving me sql time out error. I have added "nolock", but it doesn't work. In my plugin, simple code is to insert some of the values from opportunity into newly created entity.

Any luck on this? I have tried by updating stage from backend to 50 also, but its not working at all.

• Edited by Ravi MRC Tuesday, September 9, 2014 10:35 PM Updated Subject
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 9:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Jithesh,

May be you are replying for question I have asked sometime before on same forum. We have already completed that and we were struggling today on the issue I have mentioned in this question. Now we found the root cause and actually this happens because Post-Event/Post-Operation deprecated in CRM 2013.So we need to rewrite our plugin code to get transaction context of CRM and execute procedure in that.

• Marked as answer by Ravi MRC Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:42 AM
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Ravi,

Can you please try to create a new object and call update rather? Please let me know how it goes. I have seen few threads in last month or so discussing this.

Entity updatedIndustryCode = new Entity("rio_naicsindustrycode");
                updatedIndustryCode["rio_naicsindustrycodeid"] = industryCodeId;
                updatedIndustryCode["rio_name"] = newName;

_OrganizationService.Update(updatedIndustryCode);

Regards,

Jithesh

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:21 AM
  • Hi Jithesh,

May be you are replying for question I have asked sometime before on same forum. We have already completed that and we were struggling today on the issue I have mentioned in this question. Now we found the root cause and actually this happens because Post-Event/Post-Operation deprecated in CRM 2013.So we need to rewrite our plugin code to get transaction context of CRM and execute procedure in that.

• Marked as answer by Ravi MRC Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:42 AM
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:42 AM