MS Money 2005 - Password Rejection RRS feed

• Question

• I've had an HDD crash, and have restored many of my applications.  I have backups of my MS Money 2005 .mbf and .mny files, but 2005 will not accept my password.  I have tried 'restoring' files as well 'opening' files, but to no avail.  I have tried moving the backups to a USB, but still 2005 refuses to accept my password.  Help!

RAM: 16GB DIMM Micron

Proc: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

• Edited by setter12 Wednesday, April 9, 2014 7:04 PM
    Wednesday, April 9, 2014 7:04 PM

All replies

• Thank you for your reply DominiciP. I do not have an installation disk per se, but downloaded MS Money 2005 some years back after my Intuit Quicken Money programme failed; in that instance too, the software developer was singularly unhelpful .  Is this a registry issue in that, simplistically, one could remove all registry files (if one knew what the were) and reinstall the programme?  What is the Money 2005 update that I should have?

Regards

Friday, April 18, 2014 1:37 PM
  • If you have an old version of Money 2005 it needs an on-line update which is no longer available.

The versions available from the link in the second post include the update. They will update older versions and should be used for all future installations.

Friday, April 18, 2014 3:13 PM