insert image in email template RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to display image in email template in CRM 2013. I added image in CRM as a web resource. Now I want to show image in email template. how is it possible?

Thursday, September 18, 2014 9:48 AM

All replies

• Hello Aamir,

Follow below steps

1. Open your image web resource and click on preview.

2. press Ctrl+a to select all and Ctrl+C to copy

3. Open your email template and Ctrl+V to paste your image.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Training|Our Blog | Follow US | Our Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 10:09 AM
  • hi Aamir,

let me rephrase this. You want to create a template with images and send it to multiple people?

regards,

Jithesh

Thursday, September 18, 2014 10:14 AM
  • Hi Mahender,

I followed your instructions but unfortuntely image could not display in mail.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 10:24 AM
  • I want to send email through workflow I want to show image in mail. I have added an image in CRM as a web resource.
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 10:27 AM
  • hi Mahender,

does CRM 2013 convert images in template as inline files(like it is done for rtf format?.

we always host the images on an external website and then add that image using the steps you have outlined.

otherwise the customers are not able to see the images if html emails are sent.

regards,

Jithesh

Thursday, September 18, 2014 10:29 AM
  • You can't add webresources inside an email template.

The reason is simple, the webresource is stored inside the CRM and CRM credentials are necessary to display it, they are not accessible from outside.

You need to host your images in a server reachable by public, so the user that receive your email at john.smith(at)gmail.com he can load the included picture from http://www.publicserver.com/image.jpg

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:06 AM
  • Hi,

If I attached an image in email and also paste in template then image will display or not?

Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:42 AM
  • Aamir,

No, it will not. you got two options.

1. create a mail merge template and use that for your email distribution. Since mailmerge uses word/outlook, you can do mail merge only using Outllok client for CRM.

2. Host the image on a public site (like dropbox or something). open the picture from the internet and copy paste the picture into your template. (basically you have to insert the image and its html tags. (for example, open www.cnn.com, press ctrl A, Press Ctrl C, open a template and press Ctrl V) send this email and you can see the images appear (links are added to these images and the mail client will download the pictures and show them properly).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jithesh.K

Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:59 AM
  • Agree with Jithesh and Guido, external user won't be able to see images unless until that image is available on public site, but if you want to send it internally crm users that it will work fine.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Training|Our Blog | Follow US | Our Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 12:56 PM
  • If I want to write email in Arabic then how to use Arabic font in email?
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:19 PM