Windows Home Server 2011 - Quicksync not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,
    I have installed WHS2011 and all the latest drivers but I can not get QuickSync running. I am using Media Converter 7.5 but no hardware acceleration can be checked. Espresso is the same in that no hardware acceleration can be checked.
    I have...
    P8H77-I Motherboard
    Intel 3450 IvyBridge CPU
    4Gb Mem
    60Gb SSD for OS.

I had a spare HDD so I installed Win7Pro and Quicksync works fine so I know it is not a hardware issue. The only thing I can think of is WHS2011 is not compatible with Intel Quicksync or I am not using the correct drivers for whs2011.
    All the latest drivers were downloaded from Intel site for either Windows Server 2008 R2 or Win7 64bit. If no drivers were available for WS2008R2 then I would use Win7 64bit drivers.

Has anyone had this issue before or knows a fix?
    Thanks, Neil.
    Saturday, July 7, 2012 1:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Neil, are you referring to Intel QuickSync? If that is the case, I suggest you contact with Intel to see if it is compatible with WHS2011 or it requires other drivers:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support 

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.   

Sean Zhu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, July 16, 2012 6:04 AM
    Monday, July 9, 2012 8:42 AM