none
Unable to open Expression Web and SuperPreview forum AT ALL from Firefox 15.0.1 RRS feed

Answers

• I deleted all technet, msdn and microsoft cookies as was suggested by Aaron in another thread and this fixed this problem for me. I am now posting from Chrome - had the same problem for few days before.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

• Edited by Naomi NModerator Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by paladyn Friday, February 1, 2013 3:05 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:50 PM

All replies

• I am getting the exact same problem as you when I try to access any msdn thread or forum from Google Chrome. I haven't tested with FireFox at all and so far I was able to

1) Work in IE

2) Work from Chrome using technet in URL.

I do hope that this problem will be sorted out soon because right now it makes my forum's work very uncomfortable.

My blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:40 PM
  • This is STILL broken as of this time. Cannot log in from Firefox to any of the Expression product forums (Web, Design). What is going on with this and when is someone who can address the issue going to respond to this thread?

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:48 PM
  • This is STILL broken as of 1736 1-31-13. Cannot log in from Firefox to any of the Expression product forums (Web, Design). What is going on with this, and when is someone who can address the issue going to respond to this thread? More importantly, when is the damned thing going to be fixed?!

Oh, and just to add insult to injury, I'm now getting the "Unexpected error" dialog when submitting, without the error message text (just an empty white-over-blue box with an OK button). Good lord, even the bloody error dialog is screwed up. Sheesh!

Aren't you guys even just a little bit ashamed of displaying such an abysmal level of incompetence? Or are you just satisfied to be able to back up to the pay table (so you don't have to show your face) to collect your pay check?

Submitting from Chrome, assuming that isn't broken now, too...   :-(

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:50 PM
  • I deleted all technet, msdn and microsoft cookies as was suggested by Aaron in another thread and this fixed this problem for me. I am now posting from Chrome - had the same problem for few days before.

My blog

• Edited by Naomi NModerator Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by paladyn Friday, February 1, 2013 3:05 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:50 PM
  • Thanks, Naomi! That got the job done for me in Firefox. I didn't have any Technet cookies, but deleting all "msdn" and "microsoft" cookies got me right into the forum.

Good thing we didn't have to wait for the "Forum Issues" weenies to respond on this. It seems to be beyond their pay grade, or perhaps their competency, or maybe just their concern...

Anyway, thanks to you, and ultimately to Aaron, I can now use the forum from my browser of choice. Thanks again!

cheers,
    scott

Friday, February 1, 2013 3:06 AM
  • It just gets better and better! Like Scott, for several days I have been unable to use FF to access the EW forum. I have been using Chrome for the few times that I have bothered to visit the forum, but I prefer FF. The cookie suggestion sounded great, so I gave it a try. Now I can get to the EW forum, but I am not signed in. When I click on the button to sign in, the window temporarily goes white and the title on the tab changes to "Continue", then it immediately redirects to the EW page, without signing me in! I can repeat this process indefinitely without ever successfully signing in. So now I can view the EW forum in FF, but I can't actually post anything because I'm not signed in.

This whole forum software fiasco is especially ironic to me, as I keep getting newsletters from MS bragging about ASP.NET and urging me to use their products to develop dynamic websites and apps for Windows 8. How likely am I to do that when my experience is that their own forum is a steaming pile of excrement?

Jim

'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death. Thomas Paine

Saturday, February 2, 2013 7:07 PM