CRM 2011 Trigger a plugin when closed activity being attached to a Case record RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have an issue...fiddled alot but didn't found that suits to my requirement or I am missing one! so posting here.

I have a case record raised from an email of customer. so later stage when the customer responds to the emails between crm user and customer emails, I can see them as attachment as closed activities. Literally as number the cases and customer emails are growing its hard to respond instantly cause I can't see any alert functionality to respond the open the customer email and respond.

Here I am literally looking a plugin step to trigger when ever a closed activity is attached to Case(Incident) record, and I am not interested to create this event on email entity(which I have seen in some blogs as solution), because we have emails being used in many other business activities within the CRM..obviously it slows down the system. Any way if I could just update Case record I can acheive my tasks. but its not possible to get the trigger when a email attatched to CASE.

Environment: CRM 2011 onpremises, rollup 11.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

SAMA

Monday, July 1, 2013 4:45 PM

Answers

• Hi Guys,

I found plugin is the only better option on create of the email activity. though services are getting bit slow but I found that's the better option than rest.

Regards,

SAMA

• Marked as answer by Samartin Monday, September 2, 2013 11:23 AM
    Monday, September 2, 2013 11:23 AM

All replies

• Can you check the Associate message of Email as well as Case and see if that works when email is associated with the Case?

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 3:52 AM
  • Hi Sam,

Sorry I should have left that message in prior text, Actually I have gone through the Associate also.....wierd thing is we can't enter specic entity primary and secondary in plugin registration tool on Associate method, it works but it triggers for every association of records....so you know they are quite a lot system and custom relations that trigger this Associate method. This leads to slow down crm services.

Regards,

SAMA

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:25 AM
  • Try to solve your problem by workflow.

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:50 AM
  • Hi mate,

Can you explain bit in detail, how to get this work around using workflow. I did my way of trails but its not fruitfull.

Regards,

SAMA

Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:09 AM
  • Hi Guys,

I found plugin is the only better option on create of the email activity. though services are getting bit slow but I found that's the better option than rest.

Regards,

SAMA

• Marked as answer by Samartin Monday, September 2, 2013 11:23 AM
    Monday, September 2, 2013 11:23 AM