none
Read fingerprint on device where it is not registered RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am developing a C# .Net 4.0 Winform Application for verifying employee fingers.

I registered/enrolled finger prints with a Finger print scanner and saved its template in my database. The same finger prints I registered, I am trying to read and compare with my database but with different company device. However the finger prints registered with a device are NOT working /reading with another device. I am matching the saved templates with current/live template. Can I register/enroll fingers with a device of a particular company and verify with a different company device. In general, is it possible or not? Any article related this ?

Thanks for any help in advance

Saturday, June 22, 2019 3:27 AM

All replies

• Hi amolpb,

Thank you for posting here.

Since this thread is related to fingerprint, I think it is best for you to contact the support for the hardware you are using and ask this question. The manufacturer might have a driver that needs to be installed on the client.

The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 24, 2019 2:28 AM