cant figure out what username and password is required for remote assess to whs? please help.. RRS feed

• Question

• HP MediaSmart Server Web Site
    Remote Access

???
    Saturday, January 2, 2010 11:49 PM

Answers

Remote Access

???
    You need to use a user account (not the Administrator account) that has already been set up to allow Remote Access.  If you don't have any user accounts configured for that, there is no way to access the server remotely until you get home and create/change one that allows it.
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 1:20 AM

All replies

• If you're talking about remote desktop comunication then you should do this from a remote host in the START > RUN command prompt: mstsc /v:servername /admin

If the /admin switch doesn't work then do /console

The username would normally be administrator and the password is whatever you set during installation.
    Saturday, January 2, 2010 11:55 PM
  • I was trying to log in from work. cant get it to work. Via remote desk top on the my home computer true " administrator" and then password worked. now what?
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 12:01 AM
  • error i get is

To protect the security of your home network, you cannot log on remotely by using the Administrator user account. To administer your home network remotely, log on with your own user account. Then click the Console button on the Computers tab to connect to the Windows Home Server Console.
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 12:03 AM
    Remote Access

???
    You need to use a user account (not the Administrator account) that has already been set up to allow Remote Access.  If you don't have any user accounts configured for that, there is no way to access the server remotely until you get home and create/change one that allows it.
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 1:20 AM