How to recieve events DestinationCallbacks.ItemConflicting from remote provider RRS feed

• Question

• I'm have remote provider proxy which call remote provider as webService, but i'm not recieve ItemConflicting events from my proxy provied. Hot to resolve this trouble?
    Monday, April 20, 2009 2:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It is impossible to raise OnItemConflict event on local proxy provider because the ItemConflictingEventArgs doesn't have public constructor, and it is not serializable. The possible way to resolve conflict on remote provider is to pass the conflict action to remote provider before the sync, and let remote provider to always use the predefined conflict action to resolve conflicts.

Thanks,
    Dong

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 10:06 PM

All replies

• Hi -

You can take a look at our sample here which deals with Remote Change Application. It does not have conflicts precisely but it does show how to remote the calls.

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=sync&ReleaseId=2214

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 6:28 PM
    Answerer
  • I use in my application is almost same code, but to obtain the events of the conflict of RemoteProviderProxy I did not get.
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 7:30 AM
  • Hi -
    Are you sure that there are real conflicts being raised? Conflicts are raised on the destination side. And are you seeing the events being raised for the others ( Like OnApplyingChanges, OnChangesDetected, etc) - if that is the case it does seem highly likely that there are no conflicts.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:18 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes, conflict has been detected on remote provider in OnApplyingChanges. How to get conflict events raised in remove provider in local proxy provider. Is posible?
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:34 AM
  • Hi,

It is impossible to raise OnItemConflict event on local proxy provider because the ItemConflictingEventArgs doesn't have public constructor, and it is not serializable. The possible way to resolve conflict on remote provider is to pass the conflict action to remote provider before the sync, and let remote provider to always use the predefined conflict action to resolve conflicts.

Thanks,
    Dong

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 10:06 PM
  • You, can give an code example?
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:45 PM