Urgent been out of pc world for ten yrs used to be programer using dos 6 and web designer with HTML lots have changed pls help@! RRS feed

• Question

• I  have several but.....Im using window live onecare virus protector is it good?...A firewall I know about what it is but need refreshed on this....configureation need help I have forgotten about it...and I hate Vista its sooooooooooooooo different need help to use the darn thing. I'v figured out some but not all can some one help me. I plan on getting a html book to learn what is the new l commands and posiblity one on vista...but I have several problems from before I got this virus protecter I'm just hopping that it will work. Can some one help me or point me in the right direction. Email is uruimjustme@gmail.com

TY for readiing and hopefully hear from someone with some info.

Sweet D or I'mjustme.......I'll be waiting for a response..

Thursday, November 6, 2008 5:40 AM

Answers

• I've moved your post to the General topic since i'm not exactly sure what you are asking about.

You provided one question, asking if the virus protection of OneCare is good. In my opinion, it is as good as any other.

As for the firewall, there isn't anything you need to configure other than to identify the network you are on as Home/Work or Public, if you didn't already do that in Vista's Network and Sharing Center. Additional configuration may be needed if your needs extend beyond the basic defaults allowed by OneCare or if something is not working as expected. If a program is blocked, you will be given the opportunity to allow it.

-steve

Thursday, November 6, 2008 4:26 PM