Adding VAT percentage in MS Dynamics RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

We have recently started using MS dynamics 2013 and wish to use the quotation functionality.  At the risk of sounding a bit thick, and indeed as the quotes form shows a Tax amount, I wondered if someone could explain how, where and if it is possible to enter the VAT percentage (and others as necessary) so that quotes can display the tax amount automatically??

We have searched pretty much everywhere, and as it is not immediately obvious, I wondered if someone can highlight how this simple function can be achieved in 2013.  One assumes that plugins and code are not necessary given that the field for tax exists in the first place!

Many thanks in advance

Kerry  

Saturday, November 23, 2013 5:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There is no such functionality OOB in dynamics CRM. You could create required fields for this functionality and write JavaScript or Plugins to calculate TAX, VAT etc.

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

Sunday, November 24, 2013 2:51 AM
  • Vikram,

It helps enormously, unfortunately I have zero knowledge of writing such things!

I cannot fathom why Microsoft would make something essential to UK business so hard to achieve.  Basically the quote function in Dynamics is pretty much unusable if we cannot add VAT to the calculation.  Sending out quotes saying 'exclusive of VAT' would not be professional enough for my company.

If you or anyone else can point me in the direction of somewhere to purchase such functionality I will go and take a look.

Once again very useful Vikram but not the answer I was hoping for!.  

Kerry  

Sunday, November 24, 2013 11:49 AM
  • Kerry,

Sorry don't have 2013, on 2011 and still finding my feet, but am I right in thinking you just wish to populate the Tax Amount field on the quote form?

As mentioned above a little javascript could do what you are wanting, assuming you had a field for the quote that held the vat percentage the javascript could auto populate after updating this field.

Are you working with anyone on the implementation of CRM?  Can they not do it for you, it is a trivial bit of coding.

regards,

Matt

Monday, November 25, 2013 11:58 AM
  • Hi Kerry

Did you ever get this resolved?

Cheers

Lynne

Monday, February 17, 2014 11:50 AM
  • Hi Lynne

Yes I did, visit http://www.mycrmgroup.com/ and purchase the eTax plugin, works great and Alistair is very helpful, mention me to him!

Kerry

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:11 AM
  • Try this free Addon for VAT calculation http://bit.ly/1P5MsMD
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 4:17 PM