none
Need SDK or API to capture images from Microsoft LifeCam Studio Camera RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with a WPF application. I need to capture images from Microsoft LifeCam Studio Camera. As it's Microsoft product I don't required to install any drivers for windows 10 to connect to the camera. My question is, Do I need SDK or API to connect to the camera from WPF application.  Because In my application we are using different types of hardware's. Every hardware has SDK's to connect from the code.  Where should I get SDK or API for Microsoft LifeCam Studio Camera?

Need functionality from SDK or API, to capture the image, show captured image on the screen and finally save image in local disk.

Thanks advance. 

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:35 AM

All replies

• I am working with a WPF application. I need to capture images from Microsoft LifeCam Studio Camera. As it's Microsoft product I don't required to install any drivers for windows 10 to connect to the camera. My question is, Do I need SDK or API to connect to the camera from WPF application.  Because In my application we are using different types of hardware's. Every hardware has SDK's to connect from the code.  Where should I get SDK or API for Microsoft LifeCam Studio Camera?

Need functionality from SDK or API, to capture the image, show captured image on the screen and finally save image in local disk.

Thanks advance. 

Hi   KPam1234,

You want to get SDK or API to connect to the camera from WPF application( NET library). You can go to the Microsoft LifeCam Studio Camera Devices Download center to find some API documents.

Or, you can contact the equipment supplier to help you provide relevant API.

For your reference: Microsoft LifeCam SDK?

Best regards

Yong Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 7:00 AM