OperationId is not null but organization created in CRM farm in failed state. Any idea how to overcome this? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am new to crm. I am trying to create an organization by the follwing code:

CRMDeploymentService.BeginCreateOrganizationRequest request = new BeginCreateOrganizationRequest();
                    request.Organization = org;             

CRMDeploymentService.BeginCreateOrganizationResponse response = (BeginCreateOrganizationResponse)client.Execute(request);

// The operation is asynchronous, so the response object contains a unique identifier
                    // for the operation

operationId = response.OperationId;

I am getting an operationId which is not null. Based on this id I am doing some database operation. But in many cases the organization is created in the CRM Farm with failed state.How can I recover from this?

Thanks in advance.

Mohaak

Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:06 AM

All replies

• Hi all,

I am new to crm. I am trying to create an organization by the follwing code:

CRMDeploymentService.BeginCreateOrganizationRequest request = new BeginCreateOrganizationRequest();
                    request.Organization = org;             

CRMDeploymentService.BeginCreateOrganizationResponse response = (BeginCreateOrganizationResponse)client.Execute(request);

// The operation is asynchronous, so the response object contains a unique identifier
                    // for the operation

operationId = response.OperationId;

I am getting an operationId which is not null. Based on this id I am doing some database operation. But in many cases the organization is created in the CRM Farm with failed state. How can I recover from this? Also, How to see CRM Deployment Manager log file(if any)?

Thanks in advance.

Mohaak

Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:18 AM
  • The Deployment Manager writes logs to C:\Users\loggedinuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs

A new file is created each time Deployment Manager is started. I'm not sure that programmatic interactions with CRM are written to the Deployment Manager log - you might instead want to switch on tracing.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 8:18 AM
  • Thanks Feridun Kadir MCT
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 11:22 AM