none
Setting up WLW with a Wordpress blog installed on 1and1

Question

• I've installed Wordpress on my own web server hosted by 1and1. I changed the XML-RPC to enabled. However, when I try to set up WLW to make post it won't connect. It gives me this error. Can't connect to your blog service: Network Connection Error - Error attempting to connect to blog at: http://www.mysite.com/xmlrpc.php The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a recieve. Please try fixing the problem and then try again. I have also gotten the following error message as well. Can't connect to your blog service: Invalid Server Response - The response to the blogger.getUsersBlogs method received from the bog server was invalid: Invalid response document returned from XmlRpc server Please try fixing the problem and then try again. I've disabled all plugins. Has anyone had success with 1and1 and Wordpress? Which of the radio buttons did you choose in Writer to configure. Thanks for the help
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:49 AM

All replies

• I have several blogs with 1and1,Wordpress 3.3 and my own domains. The xmlrpc.php error is well-known and apparently has different causes.  Google the error message you receive for possible solutions.
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 4:47 PM