WHS Re-install... yes, I've used search. RRS feed

All replies

• Okay, I guess I made that more complicated than it needed to be.

My sys drive went bad and I replaced it.

The re-installation option wasn't available. I disconnected the storage drives and performed a new install. I reconnected the drives and WHS didn't recognize them as part of the storage pool.

I tried to get the re-installation option to appear. Putting the sys drive as primary master did it. The sys drive was not installed as primary master before.

I re-installed over the new installation (not sure the difference there) with the storage drives attached and WHS still didn't recognize them as part of the storage pool.

In both instances it saw them, but as not added.

The only thing that changed were the SATA ports that all the drives were connected to.

Partial Solution:

Folder duplication is on for all my files. I have two 1TB drives installed as storage drives. I can add one to storage pool, and copy the files from the shares over to it. Then add the other to storage pool and turn on folder duplication. This is a lot of data to move and I worry about corruption during the process. Plus, I just shouldn't have to do it this way. It bugs me.

Preferred Solution:

Someone help me make WHS (either installation or reinstallation) recognize my drives as part of the storage pool.

My system specs (built from extra parts): Pentium D805, 4GB DDR2-800, Abit AB9 Pro, 74GB Raptor (sys drive), 2x 1TB (storage drives), Antec 550 Earthwatt PSU, Antec P182 ATX case.
    Friday, February 18, 2011 3:23 PM
  • Are you using an acer product, because they are blaming it on whs software?

Friday, February 18, 2011 4:27 PM
  • I'm not using an Acer product.
    My system specs (built from extra parts): Pentium D805, 4GB DDR2-800, Abit AB9 Pro, 74GB Raptor (sys drive), 2x 1TB (storage drives), Antec 550 Earthwatt PSU, Antec P182 ATX case.
    Friday, February 18, 2011 4:41 PM
  • I was really hoping someone had some input.

I know it's a common problem and there a million threads about this, but I've really tried all those things.

The only thing I can believe it is now are the SATA ports being in different locations, but from the other threads I've read this shouldn't be an issue.

Monday, February 21, 2011 3:43 PM