none
How to get Visual C++.NET Tools for building ISAPI Extension DLL RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to build an ISAPI Extension DLL, but I don't know what to do to get the right tools.  

One of Wt's connector libraries is wtisapi.lib which is for IIS on Windows.  I want to see how to use that.  I tried to build a DLL on Visual Studio normally, but I have a linker error about a Boost library (Boost.Filesystem).  I don't think that error can be fixed with just this, so I want to know how to solve it as well.  I asked on Wt's support forums as well, and hopefully I'll get a reply from there as well (haven't yet, and it's been 2 or 3 days).  

Edit: I've attached the relevant files to my posts on Wt's support forums, so I'll give a link to that here for reference: Question on Wt Support Forums
    Monday, June 12, 2017 12:23 AM

All replies

• Hi my friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about the Wt ISAPI and it is a third-party product. Since our forum is to discuss the Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, you should keep on the thread that you already reported on the Wt forum to seek for a more professional support, thank you for your understanding.

BTW, I found there have a document: ISAPI on Microsoft IIS which describes how to use the connecter and not sure you have seen it before or not.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 12, 2017 7:35 AM
  • Yes, I have seen that document.  Thanks for linking it here anyway.

I still need to know how to get rid of the linker error; I've specified the correct path to the lib folder on my Wt distribution and added all of the names of the .lib files I'd need for the project.  Do I have to link them statically (if I'm not doing so already (how do I tell?)))?  

Plus I also need to know how to get the developer tools for building an ISAPI Extension.  I don't have the ISAP Extension Wizard on my Visual Studio Community 2017.  This is something that's specific to Microsoft's developer tools, so I would think you guys could help.  If this is the wrong section on MSDN to ask, though, please point me to the correct one.

Monday, June 12, 2017 7:53 AM
  • Hi my friend,

Thank you for your update and sorry for this inconvenience.

As far as I know, the ISAPS Extension works with IIS 6.0 and which is a older IIS version, and may by you can try to redirect to this forum: https://forums.iis.net/1030.aspx to seek for a more professional support.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 12, 2017 8:09 AM