live meeting RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

I am stuck on trying to deploy live meeting server.

I'd really appreciate some help.

It seems I might not be asking the right questions, but all help will be appreciated.

I've read through previous posts in regards to deploying this.

I have a server with office communication server installed, and I can connect with other users using office communicator 2007. Audio/video works great.

I need to deploy live meeting but I don't even know where to start.

Could someone please guide me to the right place?

Do I need to create a web page under iis?

On the live meeting add-in setup preferences I need to enter a live meeting url.

What is this url refering to?

Friday, September 26, 2008 1:29 AM

All replies

• Live Meeting is not a seperate installation; if you have OCS deployed correctly with both the Web Conferencing Server and A/V Conferencing Server (or have installed a Standard Consolidation server) then you have all components needed to use Live Meeting.

If you have the LM 2007 client installed on wokrstation with the OC 2007 client, then you can just connect to LM.  For internal users you should leave the Live Meeting URL blank as it will use your OC cleint configuration to locate your internal OCS services.

Friday, September 26, 2008 1:24 PM
  •  zayindaleth wrote:

Hi all,

I am stuck on trying to deploy live meeting server.

I'd really appreciate some help.

It seems I might not be asking the right questions, but all help will be appreciated.

I've read through previous posts in regards to deploying this.

I have a server with office communication server installed, and I can connect with other users using office communicator 2007. Audio/video works great.

I need to deploy live meeting but I don't even know where to start.

Could someone please guide me to the right place?

Do I need to create a web page under iis?

On the live meeting add-in setup preferences I need to enter a live meeting url.

What is this url refering to?

First, check the globabl properties to make sure conferencing is enabled.  Second, when you start up the LM client, go to the drop down menu, then select "User Accounts".  Notice there are 2 sections.  The top section is all you need, make sure it had your SIP URI listed then.  Then press "Test Connection".  It will tell you if it is successful or not.

Once you do this step, then you can easily test the MEET NOW button, then scheduling via the Outlook addin.

Saturday, September 27, 2008 12:42 AM