Want error exception if email is not delivered to the contact due to any reason using plugin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone..

Business Goal: I want to create failure email records(Custom entity) that display's all the emails that are not being sent because of any reason. i.e. Email Id is not correct, Email id does not exists.

Steps: I am writing a plugin that will sent the email to selected customers. (It send the email to all the customers even if there email ID is wrong i.e. test@test.com (I want to check the error message if there is any). Does CRM give's us this functionality is there any plugin message or any thing from where i can identify that this email is not being delivered to the customers?

Actual Results that i want: I am sending email to all the customers i want the error if any email is not being sent.

Environment: CRM 2011, Exchange Server installed, Email router installed, CRM 2011 On-premise installation

I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful.
    Mubasher Sharif
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mubashersharif.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow me on Twitter!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• For this purpose i have created one .NET application that will handle all the details. Because I can;t able to find anything regarding capturing the error details in CRM.

I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful.
    Mubasher Sharif
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mubashersharif.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow me on Twitter!

Thursday, May 22, 2014 10:25 AM
  • Hi ,

If you are sending the email from plugin using custom code for sending email , the code will handle the exception , for cases where email does not exist the exception happens when the send part of code is trigerred and the entire transaction will be rolled back , in the exception you can have functionality to capture the failed message .

THanks

Kumar 

Thursday, May 22, 2014 5:30 PM