Encountered an unrecognized error while processing users from a domain. RRS feed

• Question

• As a follow-up to THIS POST I see now that even after moving the server to another site, it still try to authenticate users to the external.mydomain.no - forest.

lcscmd.exe /domain:mydomain.no /action:checkdomainprepstate
    shows no errors.

Event log:
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: OCS User Replicator
    Event Category: (1009)
    Event ID: 30011
    Date: 03.05.2007
    Time: 13:37:31
    User: N/A
    Computer: MYCOMPUTER
    Description:
    Encountered an unrecognized error while processing users from a domain. This error caused User Replicator to abort synchronization of this domain. Synchronization will be retried for this domain. If this domain is not enabled for Office Communications Server, then this error can be ignored.

Domain: external.mydomain.no Error: 50 (Insufficient Rights)
    Cause: The cause for this error can vary. Please review the errors listed above.
    Resolution:
    Contact support services if the error is not descriptive enough to remedy the problem.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I also have another warning when Validating Server Functionality, however I'm not sure if this is related.
    Check Global Phone Usages Warning: One or more phone usages are not assigned to any route or VOIP policy
    Warning
    [0x43FC200C] Not all checks were successful

I guess it's still working and these are just annoying warnings?
    Thursday, May 3, 2007 11:43 AM

Answers

• I know the Phone Usages warnings can be ignored. If you haven't configured voice the validation wizard sees the default phon usage and reports this warning.

I am not sure about your other errors. How much time has elapsed since you moved the server and when you get this error.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 10:45 PM

All replies

• I know the Phone Usages warnings can be ignored. If you haven't configured voice the validation wizard sees the default phon usage and reports this warning.

I am not sure about your other errors. How much time has elapsed since you moved the server and when you get this error.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 10:45 PM
  • Hi,

have you enabled the domain external.mydomain.no? If not, just rightklick it in the OCS mmc and choose enable, should fix the problem.

Regards,

thomas

Thursday, June 28, 2007 9:36 AM
  • "just rightklick it in the OCS mmc"

Rightclick what option? Where can i find this in the OCS mmc? As far as I know you can allow the domain to be used in the Global properties at the "Genaral" tab. Is this the setting that you mean?

/Thomas

Sunday, July 29, 2007 4:07 PM
  • "Rightclick what option"

Sorry about beeing so unspecific. Open the mmc, on the left side you have your environment with all your servers, domains and sub-domain. Rightclick the desired subdomain and choose "enable" to prepare it.

If you can't see your sub-domain in the list, you probably have to add idd before using Global properties at the "Genaral" tab and add the domain there.

Alternatively you can go to the DC from your subdomain, start the OCS Setuo there and prepare the domain using deploy Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition.

hth,

thomas b

Monday, July 30, 2007 7:37 AM