Displaying Dashboards in CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to ask about what is the best way to display the BI or any other kind of reporting dashboards in Dynamics CRM 4.0?

Thanks

Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:24 AM

Answers

• You can display just about any webpage in a CRM iFrame. So if your BI tool can display it's results in a webpage, it'll work with CRM.

The question you are asking now is about MOSS/WSS and PPS. I don't have any experience of PPS -- it's a complex toolset aimed at large enterprises. And the licensing has changed recently, so you might find that it's only available if you have purchased MOSS, but I'm not sure. There might be a CRM expert that also knows about MOSS/PPS, but you might be better off researching this on a MOSS or PPS forum.

Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter.

Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:15 AM
  • Not 100% sure.

You don't HAVE to use PPS.

For our solution we created a report, published it to report server then called it from an ASPX page that is displayed in an iframe.

As mentioned by others, there are many ways to accomplish this ranging from the easy solution I gave right up to full Sharepoint, PPS integration.

Rob

www.crmconsult.info Twitter:robertpeledie

All replies

• There are so many options with dashboards that there isn't a *best* way.

For example, if your BI tool displays dashboards in a web page, you can include links to the webpage in the CRM sitemap.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter.

Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:41 AM
  • I would like to know if i need to use PerformancePoint server and i don't have MOSS 2007 Installed but i have WSS 3.0 Instead , can i still benefit from PPS and display PPS dashboards in CRM 4.0 ?
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:46 AM
  • Hi,

I have put together a few dashboards that are displayed in ASPX pages and iframes in CRM.

I've got some details on my blog - www.crmconsult.info

Have a look and email me if you need some help.

Rob

Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:59 AM
  • Additionally,

You can take a look at the below forum thread which discusses numerous ways to accomplish the same,

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm/thread/46d22e7e-73c6-4788-947f-17afeea96640

Cheers, Edwin
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:05 AM
  • Thanks for your help Robert, but my question is if i don't have MOSS 2007 and i have WSS 3.0 instead can i still use PPS to deploy Dashboards and display then as a iFrame in CRM ?
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:10 AM
  • You can display just about any webpage in a CRM iFrame. So if your BI tool can display it's results in a webpage, it'll work with CRM.

The question you are asking now is about MOSS/WSS and PPS. I don't have any experience of PPS -- it's a complex toolset aimed at large enterprises. And the licensing has changed recently, so you might find that it's only available if you have purchased MOSS, but I'm not sure. There might be a CRM expert that also knows about MOSS/PPS, but you might be better off researching this on a MOSS or PPS forum.

Regards, Neil

• Not 100% sure.

You don't HAVE to use PPS.

For our solution we created a report, published it to report server then called it from an ASPX page that is displayed in an iframe.

As mentioned by others, there are many ways to accomplish this ranging from the easy solution I gave right up to full Sharepoint, PPS integration.

Rob

• Yes, you CAN. We have done the same way. We developed dashbaords and deployed on WSS. Then , we modify the sitemap.xml to add a link to the WSS site to display dashboards and it is working fine. If you need more details,please let me know.
    • Proposed as answer by myCRMGuy Thursday, September 16, 2010 6:48 AM
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 6:48 AM