How to recreate accidentally deleted C:\fs folder? RRS feed

• Question

• In my carelessness I accidentally deleted the C:\fs folder on my system partition. Is there any facility available that can recreate the folder and my volume mount points?

P.S. I believe my data are safe as I have two other disk drives in my WHS.

Thanks,
    Douglas
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:12 PM

Answers

• I appreciate Ken's response. But, for anyone else who gets into this predicament, the correct action to take is to DO NOTHING! The amazing people behind the WHS software were wise enough to foresee such carelessness as I have exhibited and built in a mechanism to automatically recreate the folder and all volume mounting points within. I'm guessing the migrator service is behind this amazing feat. Give your "hosed" system some time, and all shall be good again.
    • Marked as answer by dshieh Friday, August 14, 2009 4:25 AM
    Friday, August 14, 2009 4:25 AM

All replies

• Server reinstallation is the supported method.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Friday, August 14, 2009 3:01 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by dshieh Friday, August 14, 2009 4:15 AM
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 10:02 PM
  • I appreciate Ken's response. But, for anyone else who gets into this predicament, the correct action to take is to DO NOTHING! The amazing people behind the WHS software were wise enough to foresee such carelessness as I have exhibited and built in a mechanism to automatically recreate the folder and all volume mounting points within. I'm guessing the migrator service is behind this amazing feat. Give your "hosed" system some time, and all shall be good again.
    • Marked as answer by dshieh Friday, August 14, 2009 4:25 AM
    Friday, August 14, 2009 4:25 AM
  • More likely the issue was corrected after a reboot (to install updates). But the supported method for fixing just about any issue with Windows Home Server would be a reinstallation, since the server is designed for headless operation.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, August 14, 2009 3:21 PM