none
VS Simulator stuck at "Starting the Simulator" dialog

Question

• When I try to debug a UWP using the simulator, VS Community 2015 IDE hangs with dots running across the simulator window. Then I'm left with no other choice but to close the simulator and cancel the dialog box. 
    The Local Machine and Remote Machine build options work just fine. 
    Tried "Clean Solution", manually removing contents of bin and obj folders prior to rebuild, repairing VS2015. Also tried removing various background tasks to eliminate potential conflicts. Nothing works. 
    Experiencing the same problem with VS 2017RC which I have recently installed on ANOTHER computer. 
    I'm using VS Community 2015 v14.0.25431.01 update 3 on Windows 10 v1607 b14393.447
    Similar issues with the simulator in this forum have remained largely unsolved or ambiguous.

Appreciate any help.
    Wednesday, December 7, 2016 4:43 PM

Answers

• Hi AlanSanford,

I get the same issue when I try debug UWP with Simulator, it always shows loading but never loading successful.

I have submit this issue to Visual Studio Connect. Please vote and add your comments for this issue. I think the report team will treat this issue seriously.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/3115274

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by AlanSanford Friday, December 9, 2016 8:35 AM
    Thursday, December 8, 2016 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi AlanSanford,

I get the same issue when I try debug UWP with Simulator, it always shows loading but never loading successful.

I have submit this issue to Visual Studio Connect. Please vote and add your comments for this issue. I think the report team will treat this issue seriously.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/3115274

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by AlanSanford Friday, December 9, 2016 8:35 AM
    Thursday, December 8, 2016 9:13 AM
  • Thanks Weiwei Cai. I guess I am gonna have to wait until it's fixed.
    Friday, December 9, 2016 8:35 AM
  • I just had the same problem. Is this fixed?
    Sunday, June 11, 2017 10:44 PM
  • I'm getting the same issue using Visual Studio 2017 Community.
    The above link is not working (page not found).

• Edited by CleitonMoya Saturday, November 4, 2017 11:59 PM
    Saturday, November 4, 2017 11:58 PM
  • I'm getting the same issue using Visual Studio 2017 Preview (Version 15.9.0 Preview 4.0).
    Thursday, November 1, 2018 4:28 PM