IE 7 fullscreen issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everybody,

I am trying to open IE 7 browser  in full screen (i.e. kiosk mode) through javascript. When I click on any link in to open in a  full screen window, it is not opening in full screen. It is displaying  the titlebar and maximize and close buttons.
    Does anybody find the similar problem, please help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
    Kiran.
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 12:39 PM

All replies

• How to Start Internet Explorer in Kiosk Mode

To start Internet Explorer in Kiosk mode, click Start, click Run, type the following command in the Open box, and then click OK

iexplore -k page

where page is the Web page address for the Web page that you want to appear when Internet Explorer starts. If you do not specify a Web page in the Open box, Internet Explorer opens your start page. Note that the Web page that you specify can be a Web page on the Internet, on your computer, or on another computer on the network.

To start Internet Explorer in Kiosk mode and start Internet Explorer with the Microsoft Web site, click Start, point to Run, and then type iexplore -k www.microsoft.com in the Open box.

To start Internet Explorer in Kiosk mode and start Internet Explorer with the Example.htm Web page that is located in the My Documents folder on your computer, click Start, point to Run, and then type iexplore -k "c:\my documents\example.htm" in the Open box.

To start Internet Explorer in Kiosk mode and start Internet Explorer with the Example.htm Web page that is located on another computer on the network, click Start, point to Run, and then type iexplore -k \\server\share\example.htm in the Open box, where server and share are the network server and share on which the Web page is located.

How to Quit Internet Explorer

To quit Internet Explorer when it is running in Kiosk mode, press ALT+F4. Note that you cannot quit Kiosk mode if you do not also quit Internet Explorer.

Keyboard Shortcuts for Kiosk Mode

Key combination  Function
       -----------------------------------------------------------
       CTRL+A           Select all (editing)
       CTRL+B           Organize favorites
       CTRL+C           Copy (editing)
       CTRL+F           Find (on current page)
       CTRL+H           View History folder
       CTRL+L           Open Location dialog box
       CTRL+N           New window (opens in non-Kiosk mode)
       CTRL+O           Open Location dialog box (same as CTRL+L)
       CTRL+P           Print
       CTRL+R           Refresh
       CTRL+S           Save
       CTRL+V           Paste (editing)
       CTRL+W           Close (same as ALT+F4)
       CTRL+X           Cut (editing)
       ALT+F4           Close
       ALT+LEFT ARROW   Back
       ALT+RIGHT ARROW  Forward
       ESC              Stop
       F5               Refresh

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:02 PM
  • How to Start Internet Explorer in Kiosk Mode

To start Internet Explorer in Kiosk mode, click Start, click Run, type the following command in the Open box, and then click OK

iexplore -k page

where page is the Web page address for the Web page that you want to appear when Internet Explorer starts. If you do not specify a Web page in the Open box, Internet Explorer opens your start page. Note that the Web page that you specify can be a Web page on the Internet, on your computer, or on another computer on the network.

To start Internet Explorer in Kiosk mode and start Internet Explorer with the Microsoft Web site, click Start, point to Run, and then type iexplore -k www.microsoft.com in the Open box.

To start Internet Explorer in Kiosk mode and start Internet Explorer with the Example.htm Web page that is located in the My Documents folder on your computer, click Start, point to Run, and then type iexplore -k "c:\my documents\example.htm" in the Open box.

To start Internet Explorer in Kiosk mode and start Internet Explorer with the Example.htm Web page that is located on another computer on the network, click Start, point to Run, and then type iexplore -k \\server\share\example.htm in the Open box, where server and share are the network server and share on which the Web page is located.

Back to the top

How to Quit Internet Explorer

To quit Internet Explorer when it is running in Kiosk mode, press ALT+F4. Note that you cannot quit Kiosk mode if you do not also quit Internet Explorer.

Back to the top

Keyboard Shortcuts for Kiosk Mode

Key combination  Function
       -----------------------------------------------------------
       CTRL+A           Select all (editing)
       CTRL+B           Organize favorites
       CTRL+C           Copy (editing)
       CTRL+F           Find (on current page)
       CTRL+H           View History folder
       CTRL+L           Open Location dialog box
       CTRL+N           New window (opens in non-Kiosk mode)
       CTRL+O           Open Location dialog box (same as CTRL+L)
       CTRL+P           Print
       CTRL+R           Refresh
       CTRL+S           Save
       CTRL+V           Paste (editing)
       CTRL+W           Close (same as ALT+F4)
       CTRL+X           Cut (editing)
       ALT+F4           Close
       ALT+LEFT ARROW   Back
       ALT+RIGHT ARROW  Forward
       ESC              Stop
       F5               Refresh

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:05 PM