HPC 2008 Deployment problem RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi friends,
    i have established an HeadNode and create node template by management console.
    actually, my head node(192.168.0.254) works as active directory server(functional level 2008), DNS server,
    Windows Deployment Server and DHCP server(192.169.0.1 - 192.168.0.250).
    but as i want to deploy node, the node can boot into winPE but got error inforamtion as below:
    **** Build Socket ****
    **** Connect ****
    **** Connection failed ... (10060) ****
    **** IP address list has been exhausted from head node name HPC01****

what's problem here ?
    are there any special setting need for all server roles is installed in a single head node?

anyone know how to solved ?

thanks a lot.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:48 AM

Answers

• I'm going to assume that your problem has been resolved since the last post was so long ago.
    If that's not the case, please start up a new thread with the current status.
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 6:53 AM

All replies

•  I seems your DHCP server has exhausted it's lease database. Open DHCP Server console, and look under Scope, and then Address Leases. Check that the list of computers are only the compute nodes, if you seen machines not on your private network you may have a rogue DHCP Server.

Ben

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 3:00 PM
  • Thanks Ben,
    When I see the leased list, it has only one IP of my computer node, 192.168.0.3
    The scope range is 192.169.0.1 - 192.168.0.250.
    Also DHCP address use is 1(0%) when I see the its statistics.
    Are there any other possibility?
    Thank, hwlee

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 1:18 AM
  • I remember a similar problem we had some time ago. The solution was, that we simply forgot to integrate the network card driver in the Deployment image/WinPE. During the PXE phase there's no need for a driver, but in WinPE.  If you do an "ipconfig /all" in WinPE you should see which NIC Cards have been detected and which IPs they have.

- Michael

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:32 AM
  • Thanks Michael,
    I have tried so many drivers for my onboard netwrok controller RTL8111C.
    I could not get RIS driver for this controller, even from Realtek homepage.
    DVD came with motherboard has one RIS64 driver but it did not work.
    Anyway I ceased to use onboard controller, instead I intserted Intel 82530
    NIC card and changed BIOS to PXE boot from this card, since someone said to me
    Intel NIC do not need special driver during WinPE boot. Actually it seems to
    detect correct NIC card and tried to connect to headnode.
    Unfortunately, this case gives the following error message repeatedly.
    **** Connection failure: A socket operation was attempted to an unrecheable network. (10051) ****
    When I check the network address by stopping command and using ipconfig/all, it was
    wrong. Then I have tried  ipconfig/renew command. After this command network configuration
    to be normal and all ping test was successful.
    After this modification I restart command "startnet", then the system resume all processes as before.
    And gave me another error message for connection, that is,
    **** Connection failure: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. (10060) ****

Do you have suggestion for this case?

Thanks a lot, hwlee

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:52 PM
  • Hi hwlee,

Assume your scope range is a typo? 192.169.0.1-192.168.0.250 ?

Regards,

Chalkie

Chalkie
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:13 PM
  • Hi Chalki,

Yes it is 192.168.0.1-192.168.0.250. It is typo in typing.

Regards, hwlee

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:16 PM
  • I'm going to assume that your problem has been resolved since the last post was so long ago.
    If that's not the case, please start up a new thread with the current status.
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 6:53 AM