"Microsoft Plus!" RRS feed

• General discussion

• I tried this ? a few minutes ago then I Signed Up so maybe it didn't take. I bought Microsoft "Plus!" a couple years ago. Today I notced It contains "Analog Recorder". I have been wondering how to convert analog video to digital and store on hard drive. When I clicked on the "Analog Recorder" it asked for the Product Key. I went to the contents of the original box and couldn't find it. Then I followed the instructions to run Regedit but couldn't find it. I am a disabled Vet w/ PTSD so maybe I did it wrong(Brain function challenged!). So why isn't there a Product Key in the box and why can't I find it in my Registry? I'm using Windows XP. Thank you anyone that tries to help!!
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Friday, January 29, 2010 3:26 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Friday, January 29, 2010 3:27 PM Off topic. (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    Friday, January 29, 2010 4:06 AM

All replies

• Off topic for the Security Essentials forum.

The key is on the CD container, not the box.  I know, as I have this product.

The key is not visible the way you are attempting to view it.

Also, it is a discontinued product:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/plus/default.mspx

Doc
    Friday, January 29, 2010 5:46 AM
  • Right. The CD container  only has "CD Set:X__-_____" on it.

How do I view the KEY?

Being a discontinued product implies what?
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 5:16 AM
  • The Product key is the orange sticker (above the CD set sticker).  Under the product key, it says "Don't Lose This Product Key".  If you do not see the orange sticker, or the words "Don't Lose This Product Key", you have lost the container jacket, and your product key. 

Not "being" discontinued, it "is" discontinued.

Depending on your audio card, I would look at that manufacturer, as many of them now have utilities to capture analog and record it.

Doc
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 11:04 AM