OCS 2007 EE error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, to all

does anyone have the remedy of the below mentioned error in OCS 2007 EE Deploy Enterprise Pool in an Expand Topology..Creating Enterprise Pool

Failure
    [0xC3EC78BA] Specified back-end for the pool is currently being used by another pool..

1) Created SRV & Host a address in DNS

2) Targeted OCS contains SQL2005

Thanks In Advanced

Sameer
    Monday, April 6, 2009 10:25 AM

All replies

• It sounds like you've already peformed a previous installation of LCS/OCS into that SQL instance.  IF so, you'll either need to manually delete the databases on the SQL backend, or if that SQL server is hosting another in-use OCS FE then you'll have to install a second SQL instance to support an additional pool.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Monday, April 6, 2009 12:32 PM
  • Yes Jeff you're right.

I did preformed previous installation....LCS/OCS...may i know how can delete database from SQL database server?????
    Monday, April 6, 2009 12:44 PM
  • In that case I would recommend removing the entire SQL instance and reinstalling a fresh one, just to be on the safe side.

You can follow these directions for SQL Server 2005:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909967

Monday, April 6, 2009 12:47 PM

• I would've if i could have...it contains huge database...it would be a disastrous,

can i install different Instance name in existing database, Will my previous data conflict to new data of newly created instance????????can i go ahead perform the new instance installation???????/

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Monday, April 6, 2009 12:55 PM
  • I did remove all RTC entries from the database, let me try now whether i can continue or will conflict to new RTC in sane instance name of SQL server2005
    Monday, April 6, 2009 1:12 PM
  • Can you clarify what you are using that SQL instance for, it's not very clear.

If it already has other non-OCS-relted production data in it, then certain don't remove the instance.  I would not recommend sharing a SQL instance between OCS and other applications so in that case it would be best to install a new, separate SQL instance to be used with only the new OCS installation.

Then, if you haven't already done so, you can manually delete just the RTC databases from the original instance to clean up the data but not affect other DBs in that same instance used by other unrelated products/applications.

Monday, April 6, 2009 1:24 PM
  • Yes i deleted All RTC data from SQL2005....But i'm going completely insane don't know when this I'm gonna complete this OCS 2007 successfully,

Jeff I really appreciate if could see my data base have a talk....kindly let me know your E-mail ID

Thank You
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 4:32 AM
  • you can also create a new instance and then install the OCS. Have u tried that ?

I also get through this error, then I delete all the entries in db ,also deleted all the entries in DNS and AD too(just for my satisfaction).

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 4:44 AM
  • As i said earlier i would rather prefer to install OCS in existing SQL server not in different instance
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 4:51 AM

• I tried to install OCS /LCS in same where SQLSRV bieng installed, Still i'm getting error

Failure
    [0xC3EC78BA] Specified back-end for the pool is currently being used by another pool.

Don know what to do now........though i deleted all RTC data from SQL database

Thx
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 5:29 AM
  • Take a look at this article and see if you need to clean up any references to the back-end DB within AD:
    http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=13

I'd again suggest you use a new SQL instance (on teh same box) as sharing the OCS databases with other DBs is not really a recommened best-practice.  Having additional SQL instances on the same server is quite simple, it's not like you need to deploy a separate server in case that is what you think we are inferring.
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:17 PM

• K..Can i use different website for OCS without disturbing to Default website as it contains huge user & Production database i SQL2005
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 5:42 AM