When should I renew my subscription RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windowns Live OneCare installed on my three PC's for 10 month now and I am pleased with the

performance. It is now 2 months before I have to extend the subscription for another year. Microsoft did already

inform me to take action. My question: when I renew before the expiry-date, let's say to-day, do I then loose the 2 month or do I get a 12 month subscription after the actual expiry-date ?   

Monday, February 25, 2008 6:38 PM

Answers

• In the 2.0 version you should find, after clicking the Live OneCare balloon, on the lower left side a button "renew now " .

You should than sign in with the same email address and password used to get into this forum. Hereafter you should be asked how to renew your subscription. With a prepurchased cd with key or by creditcard. I do prefer the first option. In

in The Netherlands it is 20 % cheaper and you do not have to pass all your personal information, including creditcard details to Microsoft. They store this information and will use it to renew after 12 month. I trust Microsoft will ask permission to charge the creditcard. But I have learned my lesson with PC Tools in this respect. Their recharge for Registry Mechanic after a year came as a complete surprise. I shall never  purchase software with my credtcard anymore !

Regards.

Monday, February 25, 2008 8:17 PM

All replies

• I get a prompt about renewing my subscription.  Try as I might, I can't log on to any website that enables me to do so.

Monday, February 25, 2008 7:10 PM
  • In the 2.0 version you should find, after clicking the Live OneCare balloon, on the lower left side a button "renew now " .

You should than sign in with the same email address and password used to get into this forum. Hereafter you should be asked how to renew your subscription. With a prepurchased cd with key or by creditcard. I do prefer the first option. In

in The Netherlands it is 20 % cheaper and you do not have to pass all your personal information, including creditcard details to Microsoft. They store this information and will use it to renew after 12 month. I trust Microsoft will ask permission to charge the creditcard. But I have learned my lesson with PC Tools in this respect. Their recharge for Registry Mechanic after a year came as a complete surprise. I shall never  purchase software with my credtcard anymore !

Regards.

Monday, February 25, 2008 8:17 PM
  •  pieter58 wrote:

I have Windowns Live OneCare installed on my three PC's for 10 month now and I am pleased with the

performance. It is now 2 months before I have to extend the subscription for another year. Microsoft did already

inform me to take action. My question: when I renew before the expiry-date, let's say to-day, do I then loose the 2 month or do I get a 12 month subscription after the actual expiry-date ?   

The renewal takes effect when the first subscription expires. You can renew with a credit card online (full price) or you can renew by providing a retail Key or PIN from inside a retail package by signing on at http://billing.microsoft.com with your subscription LiveID and selecting renew this service for the OneCare subscription shown.

-steve

Monday, February 25, 2008 8:19 PM
  •  Vermontguy wrote:
    I get a prompt about renewing my subscription.  Try as I might, I can't log on to any website that enables me to do so.

Open OneCare, click Help/About... and make a note of the Subscription ID shown. Sign in with that LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com and your OneCare subscription will be shown. Select it and click on the renewal link.

-steve

Monday, February 25, 2008 8:20 PM