SRS Data Connection Installation Error ( Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.AddWindowsIdentityToPrivilegeGroups failed) RRS feed

• Question

• Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.AddWindowsIdentityToPrivilegeGroups failed.
    Name translation: Could not find the name or insufficient right to see name. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072116)

Does anyone know how to fix this issue. I have applied the latest SRS rollup 10 and still the error persists. Also I have full rights to the SQL server and Active Directory. Any other suggestions.??? 

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 2:15 AM

All replies

• Did you look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317982
    My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com

All my tools on my new dedicated site: MSCRMTools Repository
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 7:09 AM
  • Make sure you have rights to AD. Are you logged in as a Domain Admin.
    MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 11:34 AM
  • I have read the article above although it does give some detail i dont think it applies in this instance because I have Active Directory set up on Windows 2003 Server, and yes my company's admin has given me full right to Active Directory, and I am logged on as Domain Admin on the server which I am trying to install the SrsDataConnector on. Here is a full summary of the trace, of the error.   Any other suggestions that I could try??

Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.AddWindowsIdentityToPrivilegeGroups failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80072116): Name translation: Could not find the name or insufficient right to see name. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072116)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ActiveDsWrapper.NameTranslateClass.Set(Int32 lnSetType, String bstrADsPath)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Utility.ADUtility.Rfc1779NameFromNT4Name(String nt4Name)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Utility.ADUtility.AddAccountToGroup(ServiceAccount accountType, String accountName, DirectoryEntry groupEntry)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.AddWindowsIdentityToPrivilegeGroups.Do(IDictionary parameters)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Action.ExecuteAction(Action action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Action.ExecuteAction(Action action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Installer.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.ComposedInstaller.InternalInstall(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.ComposedInstaller.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.SrsDataConnectorSetup.Install(IDictionary data)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.SrsDataConnectorSetup.Run()
    14:08:11|   Info| Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for SSRS Setup Failed.
    14:08:11|   Info| Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for SSRS Setup Setup did not complete successfully.
    Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.AddWindowsIdentityToPrivilegeGroups failed.
    Name translation: Could not find the name or insufficient right to see name. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072116)

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 9:23 PM