Using CRM Service on aspx page is very slow RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have used crm service on a aspx page to retrieve values from a entity. I am retrieving more than 50 fields using crm service. The service is taking more than 20 seconds to retrive values. I am using crm 2011 online. Will it be slow?

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 4:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Kishan,

When you are using CRM Online, there are a lot of factors that affect the query performance.

The main one is the latency between the CRM Online server and the server that hosted your ASPX page. One way to minimize this is to ensure your CRM Online is set up in the same locality / region as your server.

How many records are you retrieving at one time? Depending on your business rules, you might want to limit the amount of records that you retrieve at one time to reduce the response time. You can use paging to query the next page data.

CRM Online is designed to be highly scalable and reliable. So as long as you follow the general performance guidance, you should be able to get your data in a fairly quick manner.

I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer.

Dimaz Pramudya - CRM Developer - CSG (Melbourne) www.xrmbits.com http://twitter.com/xrmbits

Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:27 AM