Cannot log into Live Mesh Device - "Failed to start Live Mesh" loop RRS feed

• Question

• I have not been ableto log into Live Mesh for about a month now .. I think it stopped after I did some windows updates, but I don't remember which..
    Symptoms :
    When I start/restart the computer, it tries to start and fails.. if I hover over the LiveMeshicon in the notification area, I get a "Live Mesh is currently starting." And then after a fews seconds I get an error message saying "Failed to start Live Mesh. Click here to restart." and that goes in circlesif I hit restart. Also none of the context menu options ohter than "Check for updates" and "Help" work, with the "Check for updates tellingme I have the latest... "Show Notifier", "Sign In" and "Options" don't seem to work. I canlog on to Live Mesh online just fine, though it (obviously) shows this device (my laptop) as offline.

Any help/suggestions is appreciated. I have not tried uninstalling/re-installing the app.. I would ideally like to know what went wrong before I debugged it.. Ihave also collected the LiveMesh Logs..and tried to look inside the cab.. Theres a bunch of txts which didnt prove particularly helpful and a bunch of what appears to be SQL files. I guess it would be easier todebug if I knew what to look for.

The Live Mesh logs are here

This is the corresponding Live Mesh Beta Connect bug

Sunday, December 6, 2009 3:05 PM

Answers

• Thanks for filing the bug report. The logs you uploaded will help the Live Mesh determine if the cause is a known issue or something that they need to address.
    In the meantime, I'd go ahead with the uninstall and reinstall route.
    If you have a problem with the reinstall, this post: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/LiveMesh/thread/ed5676d9-59a4-4203-9191-d7f0d72f467b contains steps on how to remove the bits manually.

-steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, December 7, 2009 2:39 PM