connector install fails - can't configure backup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been trying to install the connector on a vista laptop and everytime i try it fails to configure the backup and won't install. I've got PP2 on the server and haven't noticed the problem before.

I've reinstalled the laptop as i thought it might have been an issue with that (it had the connector installed originally but it needed to be reset following a change of server).

any thoughts?

Thanks

Darren
    Monday, April 13, 2009 12:41 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

I ended up removing power pack 2 after i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the connector on a different pc and that didn't work either.

Problem solved when only on PP1.... will have to update it again and see if the connector upgrades too.

Thanks

Darren

FYI, the updated Connector files are dated March 10/11, 2009.  Also, if you have moved/renamed/deleted the Home Server Connector Software folder from its original location (\\server\software\home server connector software), the connector software on the server won't get updated.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 1:48 AM

All replies

• What error are you seeing when you try to install the connector?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, April 13, 2009 3:24 PM
  • Are you installing the right version of the connector? You don't need to install from the server itself, but you must use the same connector version.
    qts
    Monday, April 13, 2009 5:23 PM
  • Hi All,

I ended up removing power pack 2 after i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the connector on a different pc and that didn't work either.

Problem solved when only on PP1.... will have to update it again and see if the connector upgrades too.

Thanks

Darren

Monday, April 13, 2009 6:16 PM
  • Hi All,

Thanks

Darren

FYI, the updated Connector files are dated March 10/11, 2009.  Also, if you have moved/renamed/deleted the Home Server Connector Software folder from its original location (\\server\software\home server connector software), the connector software on the server won't get updated.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 1:48 AM